1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Added linea t jet+ to my fiat stable

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by BASAVPAT, Jul 11, 2011.

BASAVPAT Timido

Hi fellow TFI members,

It may be a long post, but please read on......

I learnt my driving lessons on a Mahindra jeep in 90s and used to drive Ambassadors. I first drove a Premier Padmini in 1995, which belong to one of my friend. When we thought of buying our First car in family in 2000, UNO 1.2 was a unanimous choice. My father was against buying MARUTI Brand and we bought UNO from M/s. JAVALI MOTORS, Hubli. This is how my association started with FIAT.

The car bought was a basic one and after 6 years when I thought of upgrade after I shifted to Bangalore, I went for PALIO 1.2 ELX without even thinking twice. Though I use car for my office commute daily, often we go out of Bangalore visiting places. My family loves such outings and myself love the bliss of driving a FIAT. Palio was our comrade in many such outings and always a faithful companion. I have made few Bangalore – Dharwad round trips, A Ooty trip and several other trips to Mysore, Mercara and many other places in Palio. In fact Palio had imbibed in me the required confidence to drive on Highways because of its tank like build and I never used to get tired during long drives.

In between, the FIAT A** changed hands and TASS became responsible for FIAT Cars. There were lot of crap I used hear and read in different forums but till date my FIATs were never had any major problems and always taken care adequately by A**s. Never did an A** messed up my car. Yes, at times I had to wait for certain parts / accessories, but was for obvious reasons.

After FIAT brought LINEA, I started dreaming of buying one. It was one of finely sculpted cars with right portions in the right places. But the budget and purchase of a flat did put me off.

Then PUNTO came along and Petrol prices were soaring high, I decided to buy PUNTO MJD E+. The PALIO has been handed over to my Sister, as I dint wanted to lose sight of it.

It was in the month of April-2011, when I went to Aaadya Motors for my PUNTO MJD check up, I saw T-JET for the first time in flesh. Its interiors are better than my Punto and beige interiors adds up to the spectacle. Though I have read different articles in different forums and mags, I really was not that much compelled. ( In one of its articles, ACI has rated T-jet above City and the same mag has rated City above New Verna)

It was so Gorgeous and with those 16” alloys was standing high. Mr. Francis, FIAT Sales, was in all praise of the car and more than willing to explain many things about the car. He did offer me a Test drive & I obliged. I was just blown away by the acceleration and the torque. I could not resist the temptation of owning it. However it required the approval of my wife and kids.

Next was the visit to Show room with wife & kids. They all liked the T-Jet. My wife is more pragmatic than me, I suppose, had asked me, don’t the interiors of Punto & T-jet are similar and wont you get bored ?. Point taken & decided to have a look at the other cars.

We had a look at the VENTO, CITY & FLUIDIC VERNA. Somehow the VENTO seemed alright but the bald looks were big turn off. At that time CITY prices were not slashed and comparatively TJET was offering more features. Verna was discarded because of rear seat positioning. Manza was never under consideration. After having look at these cars and none of them could divert our heart from T- JET, finally I paid some advance and booked T- jet.

After due formalities of part loan and other processes, I took delivery of the car on 8 July 2011. I took it to a temple and pooja was performed.

Though there are reservations on the quality of ICE provided, I found it quite adequate for my taste. Except for the reverse parking sensors, I dint opt for any add ons /modifications as in my view Tjet is a complete package. I am looking for 3D mats available with Hot Tracks, Bangalore. Still have to enquire with them.

The experience with M/s. Aadya Motors was good and approach of Mr. Francis is appreciable. The show room is nice and staff is courteous. Mr. Francis was more persuasive and accommodative. Since the whole process of booking to delivery was done in relaxed manner, dealer had a ample time and hence the car was kept washed, polished with accessories in time. Delivery dint take much time.

As I stay near Hebbal, this show room with service centre is an advantage and hence I stuck to them. So far it is good going. Let’s hope for the better to come

It has been a long writeup and I beg your pardon if it is boring
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Congratulations ! enjoy your rocket!!
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congratulations,happy motoring
    A nice write up.
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    COngrats!! Enjoy the ride mate :D
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Congrats for your JET! :D It's a hoot to drive! :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice start, please compliment it with some nice pictures.
    Keep updating your experience here.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Congratulations and wish you good luck

Nice writeup, enjoyed reading every bit of it.

Do you miss the steering feedback of Palio in the Jet ? I feel that difference.

8. Congatulations ! Excellent write up.
    Some pictures of your beauty would have spiced up the review.

BASAVPAT Timido

@ saharsh
    @j ravi

Thank you. I will post the pics shortly. waiting for a suitable palce and time for a photo shoot out

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  10. basavpat
    only story?(novel)
    we need a book with lots of pics(colourful) like amar chitra katha. or atleast local news papers..
    ``````````````````````````````````````(more pics) ``````````````(less pics)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011