1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accompanying fellow TFIans for PDI at dealerships

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by dj.nish, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Ok, I came up with this idea as and when I kept reading about the importance of conducting a PDI in the stockyard. I have booked a TJet+ and delivery is expected in Oct. I'm quite worried reading all the rust related posts, not to mention the panel mis-alignment and other miscellaneous niggles.

Many of us have booked a new car and quite frankly, not all are experts at conducting PDIs. Let's be honest - before the advent of automotive forums, how many of us even knew about PDIs at buyer's end? We have bought about 8-10 cars in the last 25+ years and have NEVER conducted PDI for any of them. The general thought was to go with the manufacturer's or the dealer's PDI and live happily ever after.

So I thought - can we have a thread where good samaritans can volunteer to assist people for PDIs? We could post date, time and venue when we intend to conduct a PDI and depending on availability, TFI users/experts can accompany.

Not only does it help the buyer (from the perspective of an independent 3rd party) but also adds weight to the buyer's negotiating power with a dealer. I have seen several cases where buyers get weighed down by pressures of the dealers and give in. In the process, they tend to accept minor issues and 'learn' to live with them as part of normal buying process (e.g. the dealer may say that 'Sir you're getting too finicky / this is a normal phenomenon / we promise to rectify this before or upon delivery etc).

Also, the PDI process is unique to forum users like us and I believe 98% India car buying junta does not even know about it.

To begin with - I'll most probably be going for my car's PDI to Bhiwandi on Wednesday (Sep 28) and would love to have some experts accompany me. I know it's far but I'll be highly obliged if someone comes along! Needless to say, lunch is on me!
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    from where u booked ur jet ? wasan motors
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Our Tfians will be ready to accompany you for the PDI of the Tjet, Just put in the date of the PDI to be conducted as well as the Showroom,
    Wishing you all the very best.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Concorde.

Sep 28th. Bhiwandi. Will confirm the time in a day.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @dj.nish

Hey dont worry buddy.If time permit and work permits i and aniket would sure accompany u :-D

Kya bolta hai Aniket? :p
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yes why not , mu ki batt chinali bhai:)