1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ACCOMMODATION & TARIFF (Ginger Hotel)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Dec 22, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    We enjoyed our stay all along our 18-day, 6148-km long mega trip spanning across 7 states of India. We chose the accommodation based on our past experience and also ratings of tripadvisor.in. My priority was secured car parking for my fabulous Fiat Linea, but not the distance from the city centre. I made reservations online in all the places almost one month in advance. Ginger Hotels give maximum discount for online reservations made before 15 days. Here are the details.
    [attachment=0:1lfxksz9]ACCOMMODATION.jpg[/attachment:1lfxksz9]

ACCOMMODATION.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: ACCOMMODATION & TARIFF

Thanks this would surely help many of us.
    Could you also provide some other details if possible like

1. Total fuel consumption and cost during the trip
    2. Total Toll tax paid, and if possible amount paid at various toll points
    3. Other costs applicable for cars, like parking, cleaning, servicing, punture etc.

Finally sum total approx cost of the trip for 4pax
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, Viny. Yes. I am updating the details in the Excel sheet. I shall post it after completion.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Raya's, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, yesterday. I paid Rs 950+taxes for a standard AC double room. A big and secured car-parking facility at the back of the hotel is an added advantage. The hotel is located at the heart of Kumbakonam. I would highly recommend this hotel. :up

For details of this hotel, visit their website: http://hotelrayas.com/contactus.php
  5. Just wanted to know how good are the Ginger Hotels ?
    I am planning to stay at Mysore and have shorlisted Ginger Mysore.

Couple of my friends are against booking Ginger.
    They had quite a lot of bad experiences at Pondicherry, Ginger.

The toilets were unclean, Bedspread and Pillow cover were dirty and had stains (blood ?), Cockroaches in Bathroom etc.

Browsed through Mouthshut.com for reviews on Ginger hotels and there are quite lot of unsatisfied customers.

Wanted to know how good are they if any of our members have travelled to Mysore and stayed in Ginger hotel ?
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have stayed at Ginger Hotels, Goa/Pune Wakad, Surat, Ahmedabad and New Delhi [Vivek Vihar]. I am fully satisfied with them, although I haven't stayed at Ginger Mysore.

Tripadvisor.in gives 3.5/5 ratings for Ginger Mysore: http://www.tripadvisor.in/Search?q=..._2F____2F__www__2E__tripadvisor__2E__in__2F__

MakeMyTrip rating: 4/5
    GingerMysore.jpg

bnzjon: I have sent you a detailed PM on this.
  7. Thanks a lot Ravi Sir. Thanks for your detailed PM as well.
    I am going ahead with Ginger.