1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Thanks all for your concern. Here is the pic

20140603_183228.jpg 20140603_183239.jpg

I want to know If only cap can be replaced?, Also will it be available at service Center to buy?

2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

I can't make out if any clips are broken but given that the cap is < 100 Rs, I would try installing it and make sure it's not locking before agreeing on replacing the whole thing. If it fits, you can have them remove it again and get it painted.

If it doesn't lock properly and if i were in the same situation, i would not hesitate to stick it with glue given that this is something that's going to remain attached permanently.

Yes, the caps are supposed to be available at the SC.
  3. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Few stats :

India specific

1. Every three minute one person die in Accident.
    2. Yearly death count due to accident is 2.31 lakh ( world count is 12 lakh )
    3. Financial loss due to accidents : 6500 CR
    4. 55% of death in first five minutes after the accident
    5. 78% of accident are caused due to drivers
    6. Overspeeding : 166 people die daily in accidents due to overspeeding.
    7 Other big reasons include : drunk driving , bad road design , bad road conditions.

Source : News channel report after Munde's Accident.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It is high time Government should think about making the existing road infrastructure to be safer too instead of thinking only about building more roads.

My general observation on traffic within city (Chennai) is,

- Honking is less in big cities (Chennai) than the tier 2 and 3 cities.
    - Among the honkers, bikers take the lead followed by MTC buses.
    - Traffic signal violation, again bikers lead here followed by MTC, Autos and Cabs.

This is based on my general observation in Chennai and I do not have any statistics to substantiate my observation. :)
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Agree the road situation calls for safety measures and stringent penalties. But, at the end of day the onus is on the citizens of India to make roads a better place to be. It could be as easy as following basic traffic rules. Eg: had the Indica driver respected the traffic light, we wouldn't have lost an eminent leader. Loss is a loss to any one. As long as there is motivation from public, things won't be much different. Even the police for that matter, have seen them penalizing people for silly offense and let go major ones. Just the other day, saw a truck driver zipping in a zig zag manner just to ensure he passes the junction before its red. Ultimately, he dint succeed, the signal turned red, yet the driver merrily continued. It was gap of split seconds which averted a collision btw the truck and bunch of two wheelers from the opposite direction. Worst was, a traffic constable was witnessing all these and he dint even make an attempt to stop the truck.

I believe if jumping signals, jumping lanes, zig zag driving, usage of high beams can be tackled in cities, majority of accidents can be avoided. These are simple things which can be implemented and which would make a huge difference to everyone's life.

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I generally follow 2 secs rule on highway whenever possible. This can be done easily by saying in mind " one thousand and one, one thaousand and two" and then you cross the selected object.

By principal, I give way to Innovas whenever possible. They drive crazy be in city or highway, the peppy engine is partly responsible for it too. I would rather follow a Innova in city from a safe distance because they make the way by their annoying driving making my way clearer :D I am yet to find a single innova driver who has iota of road sense or safety manners.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I would like to add my views here, have been a victim though it was not my fault:

I agree, Accidents in India happen due to over speeding and rash driving by biker. Am a biker myself. But the major chunk also it due to the negligence by our cyclist, auto-rickshaws.

Cyclist and Auto-rickshaws seldom respect the signals or one-ways. The accident happens while avoiding to hit people cutting the signals as well and this is prevalent in all cities across India. Also the law is a mockery here. The cyclist is not punished even though its the cyclist fault of cutting the signal or coming in wrong directions. A small vehicle is never punished, weird.

On the highway, better to maintain a speed limits where the driver is confident that he is under control and can react. The people have little knowledge about what a highway means in our Country. I have seen people crossing leisurely a 6 lane highway and abusing the driver of the vehicle for not allowing them to cross.

Tractors and bullock carts coming on the wrong side. Bikers driving in the wring direction because the next exit or 'U' turn is a bit far. All these leads to chaos.

Its a achievement to drive in our nation. We are natural formula 1 drivers :D :wink:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Same thing happened to me..

The cap fell off..I picked it and put it in place again...

New cap will be black usually...u need to get it painted if needed
  9. ca raman

ca raman Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    So much about the crumple zone of the Japanese brands which is discussed in length on various forums. In this accident, unfortunately the car itself has become a crumple zone and all that remains is mangled metal.

I have no intention to turn this into a Fiat vs others brand wars.
    1 person likes this.