1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. vamshi_g86

vamshi_g86 Timido

Bangalore
    @Zen walker: No info about causalities. It took place hours before and as i was running late i did't enquire much.

-Vamshi G
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Saw an alto toppling on Pune-Mum Eway while going to Mumbai on this sunday eveining. It happened at the entrance of e-way itself; couldnt stop as there were already many people started gathering there..
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    New blue eyed Bwoys come with hi-fi body balance technology inherited from TVS Wego. Lol....

Sent from my PUNTO using Tapatalk
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Somewhere near Surat city in Gujarat ...

apubejen.jpg

ehumuzu7.jpg

ty4u9a6e.jpg

9a3u8y6e.jpg

edenavy5.jpg

Sent from my PUNTO using Tapatalk
  5. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I encountered exactly same situation last Sunday on Highway, I was driving back from my Home Town, Speed was around 90-100 I was trailing a Innova Who was cutting left and right like Two wheeler, It was around 8.30 PM , Highway with No Lights, Both Innova and Me are on right lane, I was around 10Ft Behind Innova, Innova guy spotted a Cow at the Middle of Road, I could not spot it as a Truck was slowly treading on Left Lane, , Instead of slowing down he moved to left lane Immediately, Since I was not racing him , I just maintained Right lane only to witness a Horror! a Cow Standing around 10ft away from me when I was doing 90-100 speed. In a split second I had two choices

1. Brake hard
    2. Steer as much right as possible so as Not to hit the Right most divider but hit the cow from left so that I can pass the cow with a Dent to my car on the left, The cow may die depending on the impact

I chose the later decision because my wife was next to me with our 11 months old kid. She was wearing Seatbelt , But there was not support to mykid other than she holding him, I thought If I brake Hard His Head may hit the Dashboard, I dragged to As much Right side I can, I was so fortunate that only the Left ORVM Hit the Mirror, In a Split Second I see Left ORVM ripped off, I saw the Cow, It was still moving Slowly in its direction, after which I never dared to stop thinking that , I just left, After about two or three Kilometers of Driving I slowed down Inquired Swift whom I overtook just before the accident, I asked him If he saw any cow stranded on road or if it was bleeding, He said He did not notice any such thing nor a Broken Mirror on Road, I still don't know what had happened to cow, Mirror Glass and Mirror Cap,

I went to KHT to get it repaired, The Mirror Motor Assembly is intact, The SA said Whole Mirror assembly needs to be replaced as the Mirror Cap lock is Cut, It costs around 2700 including painting, I just asked him to replace the Broken Mirror Glass, I am still driving without Mirror Cap

Lesson Learnt : Always maintain safe Distance from the Vehicle Behind
    Never Follow a Speeding Vehicle because he is making necessary space for you to move ahead, Even If Punto has Best of Brakes in its segment.

I will post the Pic of Broken Mirror Cap, Thanks for such a wonderful Thread, I was lucky enough not get hurt on that, It still scares me If I think about it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I encountered exactly same situation last Sunday on Highway, I was driving back from my Home Town, Speed was around 90-100 I was trailing a Innova Who was cutting left and right like Two wheeler, It was around 8.30 PM , Highway with No Lights, Both Innova and Me are on right lane, I was around 10Ft Behind Innova, Innova guy spotted a Cow at the Middle of Road, I could not spot it as a Truck was slowly treading on Left Lane, , Instead of slowing down he moved to left lane Immediately, Since I was not racing him , I just maintained Right lane only to witness a Horror! a Cow Standing around 10ft away from me when I was doing 90-100 speed. In a split second I had two choices

1. Brake hard
    2. Steer as much right as possible so as Not to hit the Right most divider but hit the cow from left so that I can pass the cow with a Dent to my car on the left, The cow may die depending on the impact

I chose the later decision because my wife was next to me with our 11 months old kid. She was wearing Seatbelt , But there was not support to mykid other than she holding him, I thought If I brake Hard His Head may hit the Dashboard, I dragged to As much Right side I can, I was so fortunate that only the Left ORVM hit the cow, In a Split Second I see Left ORVM ripped off, I saw the Cow, It was still moving Slowly in its direction, after which I never dared to stop thinking that , I just left, After about two or three Kilometers of Driving I slowed down Inquired Swift whom I overtook just before the accident, I asked him If he saw any cow stranded on road or if it was bleeding, He said He did not notice any such thing nor a Broken Mirror on Road, I still don't know what had happened to cow, Mirror Glass and Mirror Cap,

I went to KHT to get it repaired, The Mirror Motor Assembly is intact, The SA said Whole Mirror assembly needs to be replaced as the Mirror Cap lock is Cut, It costs around 2700 including painting, I just asked him to replace the Broken Mirror Glass, I am still driving without Mirror Cap

Lesson Learnt : Always maintain safe Distance from the Vehicle Behind
    Never Follow a Speeding Vehicle because he is making necessary space for you to move ahead, Even If Punto has Best of Brakes in its segment.

I will post the Pic of Broken Mirror Cap, Thanks for such a wonderful Thread, I was lucky enough not get hurt on that, It still scares me If I think about it.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nice to see that every one is safe. You made the right choice. Nice thinking.
    You might have lost 2700/- but, that is nothing compared to what you have saved.

7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Gopinath Munde was travelling in an SX4

Union rural development Minister Gopinath Munde was travelling in an SX4 when the accident happened.
    Internal bleeding and cardiac arrest from the accident is mentioned as the reason.
    Source : Hindustan Times.

68f85811-9b2f-4367-8559-5e9c4eea359bwallpaper1.jpg
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok i just saw he said Mirror cap lock is broken. Gotcha.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Dude,

You were seriously lucky I must say and quick thinking on your part. Just thinking of the effect the impact would have had if you had hit the cow makes me shudder. Good to know that you learned your lesson and importantly shared it on the forum. One more lesson I would request you to bear in mind is buy a good quality child seat for the rear and dont leave it to your front co passenger to handle in such situations.
    1 person likes this.