1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sadly, it looks like you might need to go the orthodox way of getting hold of some local corporator, MLA or MP to throw his/her weight around to get this thing done. Unfortunately, even today expediting the process for the right things might need bending the rules or going by alternate channels. :(
  2. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Very bad comment!

Even if all the mistakes are from their side, they should not have losed their lives!!

Just think the value of one's life before acting in a public forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    With more and more folks driving / riding like they own the road and with almost all of the population believing that its their private roads such things are common.
    I've even lost the sense to feel bad for such fools. Anyway there are a few things we can do. Buy ever so safer cars and always drive with a view of anticipation for in India following traffic rules will get one to heaven faster than ever

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
  4. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    That's harsh , Bike is worst hit - as if non reparable - i would be happy that would be lesson learnt for them BUT paying for that mistake with Life is bad. :-(

I agree on one part , Truck driver should not be blamed

5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Accident at ECR kills 3 and 2 critical. They were driving Polo GT.

vbk-22-nasser_car_1908165f.jpg

car.jpg

CHENNAI: A high-speed car crash on one of the few narrow stretches of the East Coast Road, killed three young men from the city and left two others, one of whom is veteran actor Nasser’s elder son Noorul Asan Faizal, battling for their lives. When an ambulance crew responded to the accident call on the ECR, a little after 8 am on Thursday, even they weren’t prepared for such a carnage. The mangled remains of an almost brand-new Volkswagen Polo GT — a car touted to be adept at speeds of up to 180 kmph — were found wedged into the left fender of the tanker lorry that it collided with. And all five young men were trapped inside. “It took some work between the police and our technicians to extract them, but we managed it as quickly as possible,” said a spokesperson of 108 services.

With no way to cut into their lane and not wanting to collide with the lorry in the right lane, the driver tried to veer past the lorry and drive off the road, in a last ditch attempt. “The left side of the car hit the lorry’s corner fender and the car crumpled on impact. We were called by the local people, and only after we got here, did we know that it was such a bad accident,” said a police officer, as he supervised a police team that was towing the mangled remains of the car to the police yard.

However, police said lorry driver S Sudalaimani had clearly stated that the car was not overtaking any vehicle. Two hours later, all that remained was a massive black oil spill on the expressway, surrounded by bits of debris — headrests, mirrors, a burnt number plate, and a shattered pair of spectacles, belonging to one of the victims.

Read more here - Speed Thrill kills Trio on ECR, Condition of Nasser

Some have said that the Airbags did not deploy. I am trying to find more on this front.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3

uploadfromtaptalk1401359455540.jpg

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Monorail
    Even after the accident, bot the left wheels seem to be intact, at least from the pic.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

Where was this pic taken? Western Express highway?

Did the car later tilt and topple coz it looks like it is about to?
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First thing which came to mind on seeing the mangled remains - where are the airbags? From pics at least it appears they weren't activated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Interesting to see the WagonR all the way up there without toppling on either side.
    Last edited: May 29, 2014