1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yet none of these incident urges the manufacturer or the safety organizations to investigate in depth about such.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Manufacturer won't get urged till their sales go down. Now, why would a 43% market holder do that?
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    You never know how many more such incidents could happen in future due to a fault in their product. Such ifs and buts will be revealed when u dig deeper isnt it?
    Atleast govt safety organization should care for such incidents.
  4. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Accident occurred today around noon on Miyapur - Bollaram road in Hyderabad, opposite to Landmark Lowers. Two bikers lost life because of driving on wrong side and trying to get to the correct side of the median, neglecting the oncoming traffic and were crushed under a water tanker. The bike looked recently purchased with temporary registration. Pics are disturbing.

Please be cautious while passing cuts in medians, where people drive on wrong side to save some time and fuel, instead of taking a U turn.

MODS NOTE- Pics removed as most members/readers found them too disturbing. Kindly post photos with more prudence.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
  5. @PankajJoshi I just spotted that they were on the right side of the road, they were making a turn from the place they should. They failed to spot the truck and made a quick turn I think.

There is a larger issue we Indians face. We are miserly fuel savers!! This has been feeded to us.. Govt. left no stone unturned to make us whet we are. From childhood I am being fed with advertisements which talk about saving every drop of fuel. No one talks about safety!!

It is this feed, which pushes us to do things like these. Wrong side rides, driving in wrong gear (always upshift fast is what we are told), driving in neutral while coming down hills, switching off the engine and riding clutch on spotting a red light ahead.

I was being told that it takes 13 Tonnes of fuel when a plane makes a trip from US to India. Similar amount of fuel is wasted (oh! utilised) every day when one or the other defence air craft take flight from any air force station across the country. All this is required I agree, but why feed people with 100 cc engine to save every drop!? Rather teach them safe riding/driving. The water tanker in the image would be supplying water to some remote area, the fuel it consumes in an year is much more than the cost of a proper sanitation system which works for decades. Who cares!
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to say this, But those guys deserve it for driving in wrong side.. in this nation where people learn only getting stung hard .. even if police put up a flux there with these pics telling people to follow rules , still you can see them driving on the wrong side !!!
    If the truck driver was blamed for this accident, i pity and feel sorry only for him !!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @varunrtr,
    A tragedy is a tragedy. There is always a cause and effect. I can see that why you are angry that such a thing should happen. Can't say I havent felt that way before. But certainly nobody 'deserves this' mate..! :( It's ok to vent out, but choose your words carefully man. They are human afterall and somebody's close friend and relative.

The pictures are very disturbing to say the least. I can't help but think what sorry and horrid conditions our police and government hospitals have to face everyday. The problem with drivers in such incidents is, that if they stay the mobs might thrash them. And if they flee that adds to the offense charges. It should be pretty terrible for the driver also to face and live with such incident throughout life.
    3 people like this.
  8. I have made a comment in the evening, I dont know why its not showing up!?

These guys were on the right side of the road. They were taking the turn but didnt see the truck and this happened. How I know, the last image cleared it for me. I live 5 mins walking distance from here and take this road daily. They took the U turn but the truck pulled them few meters ahead. I think the rider was new and didnt looked for on coming traffic while turning. The truck was coming from a slope and its quite unstoppable if it is full and at high speeds.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    High time that the transport ministry thinks about reviewing their protocols for granting driving license, vehicle permits etc., Penalizing the traffic offenders isn't going to help change the country's traffic discipline. Instead, they should think from the root.

I personally had seen a TATA 407 driver who was driving under the influence of alcohol and almost killed 4 men (including me), walking away without any sever punishment the very next day. I heard the head constable at the police station saying him not to worry as he can walk out the very next day. What better encouragement can he get for driving again after drinking.
  10. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Based on what I heard from the police officer on spot, they drove on wrong side and were getting on the correct side using the gap in median. Since the tanker was at their back, they perhaps could not see it. Accident could not have happened if they were taking a U as they would have spotted the tanker in front of them much ahead of time.

I have been trying to get the gaps in median closed for last few months on this road. The one ahead near Kendriya Vihar for the same reason. Have been hit by cars coming from wrong direction. This specific gap was opened at there were jams at the JP nagar cross roads. Spoke to AP roads in feb, they want a recommendation from traffic police. Gave a letter to traffic police post on association letter head. No action so far. Today the traffic police inspector was helpless, "I am from law enforcement department in traffic police" with a blank face.
    3 people like this.