1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. this is the most deadliest ever i have seen.. this happened yesteday morning near D.Y patil stadium nerul,navimumbai...the same palce where i had seen an omni sandwiched between 2 trucks on 1st jan 2012. I then thought that nothing could be worse than this but i was proved wrong yesterday..
    There was a traffic jam of around 3 hours also...
    May the Souls RIP...

3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 2012-04-26 17.20.54.jpg

and yes this is an innova
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    OMG very scary.Seems like both the truck & the Innova were in their top speeds. But some recent accidents involving Innova has really raised a question in my mind. Is Innova really a safe vehicle with respect to it's impact strength ?
    One of our legendary actor is battling for his life in a recent accident involving an Innova. It had straight away hit a median,
    1.jpg

Check out the damage to the interior
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If one notices, there is hardly an exception when there were life lost & a truck/lorry is not involved.
    There may be some never the less but more than 98% are like this, no two opinions for me.
    Still it doesn't create a fly's buzz to Red tape administration's?
    There should be crystal clear rule that Trucks can only move after 10:00 PM till 8:00 AM in the morning.Any exception to this, a heavy vehicle will be immediately impounded. It won't create any partiality on either side. People will avoid late night driving when they will see trucks everywhere & at least 30000-40000 innocent lives could be saved.
    A car/SUV isn't supposed to be safe against the vehicle which is 10 times massive.
    Why can't these Red tape pigs be tied in Non AC 800s & leave them among these giant predators with drunk drivers?
    It's more like when George Fernandes (Ex defense minister) ordered all secretaries of Indian defence to visit Siachen when they were not signing snow scooters for high altitudes at Siachen Glacier. They were holding the Army request for citing the reasons that they will be misused & not required. Once order was given for Siachen's visit, they sanctioned it in "Record time of 3 months":lol.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Manufacturers should seriously consider the safety of their SUVs before making them powerful. People blindly believe that SUVs are safe and take it in to beyond their capable limits. A Innova without ABS shouldn't cross 110. For TAXI's government should consider keeping some speed limit. A good braking and ABS in all variants etc can save some souls. Innova's and swifts are very common in accidents. Is it just because of they sell more?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Cinju, i'm very sure the Innova is a solid vehicle. Our neighbour crashed her brand new Innova ( total loss) and came out of it with only discomfort to her chest ( due to the seat belts).

What we've gotta ask is was that actor wearing seatbelt?

That is definitely a 100kmph+ crash. The narrow divider made sure it acted like a knife to slice through the car.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Because 99% taxi drivers drive like buffoons who are overdosed on Methamphetamine. ;)
  6. i dont think in accidents like the one i have posted anything can save a life... this accident happened when the trolly jumped and crossed the left side of the road where innova was coming in opposite direction..it was then hit by a speeding bus from backside...
    this is destiny and sheer luck if one survives.....
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The accident looks like some intentional crash test on the concrete block:confused
    The Dash board is excatly where drivers & co passengers are expected to be.
    Doesn't look like very high speed crash since rest of the car seems pretty intact. A 100+ crash would literally throw away the vehicle. May be 70-80 km/hr.
    Most of the impact force has been on engine which has literally torn apart the car's body inside. Have some-one checked Engine mount's of Innova & Aprons from security point of view? I am personally interested to check it now, how good they are.

I have seen a Palio which literally cracked the concrete pole@130 km/hr & driver was safe. All hell due to Engine was literally converted into wafers but nothing enetered into cabin due to those insane mounts. The car's front was in worst condition than this innova like being axed in two halves. The pole was literally couple of inches from front windshield. But those mounts, whooo..!!
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The news came out that the driver was blinded by a vehicle headlight which came opposite while negotiating a curve. Some say that the driver felt asleep. But yes it seems that the actor was not wearing a seat belt. The driver's condition was not so fatal as he was wearing seat belt.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The perception that back is safe is not true. Seat belt should be compulsory for all passengers. A good driver should anticipate all worst possibilities. While traveling from Vytila to Aluva I have noticed these Innovas, at night with very poor visibilities, travel in very high speeds.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As the Seatbelt of the Drivers and the Co=drivers are compulsory in Mumbai (donno in other states), Y the hell are they playing with the life??????..
    The main thing is they are messing up with the others LIFE..

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

As the Seatbelt of the Drivers and the Co=drivers are compulsory in Mumbai (donno in other states), Y the hell are they playing with the life??????..
    The main thing is they are messing up with the others LIFE..