1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Good representation of the incident soumen from my point of view the i20 violated traffic rule by overtaking from left and second he should have stopped and not pushed himself through the passage, surely i20 fellow is punishable under law.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    In Mumbai if this incident had happened, it would still be identified as the fault of the person driving the i20. First he was rash, switching lanes without the slightest knowledge of the traffic. The pedestrian is to be equally blamed as he ventured in the busy road even in the absence of any traffic signals. He is responsible for his own safety first.

I have often seen pedestrians/jaywalkers use the "hand of God" signal assuming that this will stop the oncoming vehicles on their tracks instantly allowing them to walk past. If they are lucky the vehicles do stop too, but in many circumstances the pedestrians are forced to retract back the distance they covered while crossing the road. It is this time they are more prone to get knocked off since the vehicles coming will assume that the person has crossed and will only increase his speed. They will not be prepared for the pedestrians retracting their steps back.
    2 people like this.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Thought it might help educate many of us and our friends who ignore the pedestrian crossings, recent past on the Bannerughatta road next to Shoppers Stop, traffic police has introduced the on demand signal (but noticed there is no demand button to turn the signal to red and its automated with a timer instead) to cross the busy road.

many bus, autos, 2wheelers and car drivers just ignore the red light and zoom past,this is also done by educated class who i recognized had stickers of company arming like Oracle, Intel, SAP, Dell, Honeywell etc (to name a few) .. The same people when outside the country brag about following the rule of the land, what a pity our land is now counted as barbaric? (Pun aside). I wanted to cross the other day and was sick worried that one of those vehicles will hit me and my little niece. There are rules to protect public, but seriously lack adherence to rules.

as one great man had said the cleansing should start by self, I have taken an oath that I will not break the traffic rule even if it means my friendly people honk to their madness at the 12 mid nite to cross an inter junction which is on Red Signal !!
    Some bikers always zip past even on the foot paths to reach their final destination !! I wish their madness gets cured and I have seen few senior people curse them badly !! Although their (senior citizen) intent is not to wish bad luck but to allow them to take their evening health walks to a near by park or morning veggie shopping for the healthy diet, but reckless driving bounds them to their compounds or their living rooms.. All these are not imaginative but real instances we keep coming across.. Help spread the awareness so that our paths are accident free. Thank you !!
    2 people like this.
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

Yesterday, my car met with an accident from back by NCR TAXI driver around 10 pm near Safdarjung Terminal, Delhi.

Let me start like this, I was returning from my relative marriage with 6 adult total in car, i was like :sad1 as Punto GC is already low and now i have full loaded car .
    AS i was speeding 20Km/H due to breaker ahead in i was just shifted to 2nd gear and suddenly a BANG!!! and my speedometer raised to 30-40 and i suddenly put my foot on brake and looked in to the rear mirror(inside one) and i can only see a gust of dirt and faces of relative(majorly) and i was like :shocked .

I moved out from my car and started seeing my car for any issue. At first, i though that the tyre got burst due to load or some vacuum or fuel tank like issue. But, i didn't noticed any unusual at first sight and then a guy came to me and he said that his car suddenly went off and he can't applied the brakes and i was like :anyone thinking of that it was my fault that my sudden brake had got his car into accident and i was about to say SORRY to him, he just mentioned that he had hitted to your car as he wasn't able to apply the brake and hearing this, i went into 1 sec COMA and thought of :chair:. Then i again went to my car for inspection and i found my bumper to be OK and my rear fog light was loosned up and not broken. Side fender near fuel inlet area was dented majorly (folded kind) and my rear tyre was jammed beneath within the bumper (some metal part area).

I asked him to sort it out quickly and compensate me accordingly and he started saying all those sorry, my family and etc. I was really upset as i have to give time for repairing and then transportation issue. I was in conversation with him for amount of 10k bucks as i have no idea what it cost as i don't want to claim insurance and degrade the value of my car and NCB. As he wasn't agreed to my mentioned cost and repeatedly saying that he can manage upto 5k only.

All this, i called up Delhi Police and within 2 minutes i have PCR van in front of me, that was pretty quick :up. I narrated all story and he said that the driver seems to be poor and he might not able to compensate as mentioned by me i said okkk and matter reach to 4k and after 2-3 hrs fight everyone was on his way except me and my relative :uh due to the jammed issue (rear tyre in touch with metal and was eating up by metal part). I tried with the rod i use to kept in my car :devilface but it didn't work as the area need to be hammered while taking of the tyre from rear one.

I called up the FIAT RSA and narrate the same to them and that lady told me that we can't offer you free service as the car is in accidental mode and we can only do to take away the car to nearest service station. I told her that it just need to be hammered and its nothing like what we called accidental but still she sounded in same fashion and i told her that i very well know Mr. MANGESH and related FIAT person and do not pretend to talk me like this (some novice customer) and i can raise this customer response to higher level and then she told me that she will be talking to their senior on it an will call me up after 10 minutes. Later, i got a call from some delhi landline number and he told me that HELP is on his way to your location mentioned and you wile charge with Rs. 300 and whatever damage done by CAR HELPER is your responsibility and FIAT will not be responsible for any further damage done by the CAR HELPER. I said OKKKKK

In 10-15 minutes i got the CAR HELPER guy and he pulled out the rear tyre and hammered the rear metal area 9-10 times ::OO (really felt that i got tank within my car). If this was TATA or JAPANESE or KOREAN one then definitely that metal part would have come out :grin:.

After the hammered part was done and their was enough space for tyre to rotate, i hand over Rs. 300 to him and then i was again on my way with my CArrrrrr :car and on the music and started my pending journey towards my destination.

Today, i checked my car with some local denting painting guy and they said that they will resolve all those issue related for 2k and release my car within one day (morning to evening) and it wouldn't be noticeable and he was 100% guaranteed on this :drinks (extreme confidence that denting/painting guy have)

Will post the picture sooner or later.

Thanks for going though my story.

P.S. I thought of returning the left over payment to that Driver.
    One question for ALL, Should i returned the left over money back to the Driver :confused??? and if not than i would be giving some items/gifts/warm clothes to the children/old people at traffic signal for that left money i will be having. :anyone
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Nicely written Ashish!
    Gifting useful things to the poor would be a better idea I feel but wait till you get the car repaired to make sure that you are satisfied with the work.
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Even if you brake to avoid something in front of you the responsibility always lies with the car behind you to stop and not hit your car.
    He should always maintain safe distance and speed so that he is able to stop his vehicle whatever be the reason.

Good that your car is fine and damage is not much.

Once I was sandwiched between a Czech and an Italian (no other meaning pls :D )
    I meant a Skoda in front and a Fiat behind, and I was in my Santro , my car was damaged both side and rear tire got jammed like yours.
    It was no ones fault as a moped guy stopped suddenly in front of the Skoda. There was no damage whatsoever in the other 2 vehicles, and I realized the term called build quality :eek:.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Shams Thnx bro, thought of starting Blog!!! :-D

@SoumenPaul

Well, what i knew right now is that the Cab driver was his fault as my Rear Right got damage and he hit it from his Front Left and i was on leftmost lane. It seems he was in good speed and tried to over take some car but as i have breaker ahead and so i hit brake slowly and he didn't make the exact calculation and BANG!!.

But, still i am amazed and even my friend that my car bumper didn't break at all ::OObut the inner metal area does got impacted. Probably, due to good flexible bumper which absorbed the hit and transfer it to the metal frame.

But, trust me, i now feel that i have really made a good choice regarding build up quality, Fiat Punto gave me till now. Still, i remembered the scene and i am damn sure if this would be the any other car of this segment then that must have got some real issue.

P.S. That cab driver car was TATA MANZA and his FRONT LEFT headlamp side area got dented and the Front Bumper too broken along with the Fog Lamp plastic cover fell off from his car :wow:clapping (these give me somewhat pleasure that my car got him in real bad scene). From, next time, he would be more precise in his speed and a lesson for him(i hope so )
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    oh ashish that was bad, but good that nothing major happened.
    I really salute your honesty sir :) who is at least thought of returning it to the guy who created all the mess.
    2 people like this.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well, its just a matter of few bucks and we all know that nobody really want be in mess but at some point we just got into accident and thus no one is at fault. At that point, we might loose all temper and just go with the flow but, at alone time , we all have thought that its all about metal sheet and money, which can be earn sooner or later.

I am somewhat ok with this kinda accident, but, if it is matter of life and death, then their is some serious thought need taken into account.

@ALL Is it safe to hand over the car to the denting/painting guy without being their personally??? Is something i need to be precautions regarding this as they might replace or pull out any original parts. :confused: ??

As, it is outside job and so i am somewhat confused.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ashish,

Sad to know about the incident but glad to know that all the occupants were safe since it was fully loaded when rear ended,

Can you show the pics where the hammering to the metal portion was done? I would suggest you personally inspect the denting/painting.

IMO thats a good thinking of donating the extra cash to the needy.
    1 person likes this.