1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG
    Hw is ur dad feeling now, Gud job done by the Police, Dont take the case back, let it go for years and the driver pay for his reckless driving...
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rishi,

I will echo the same sentiments. We at TFI wish your dad a fast & complete recovery. Special thanks to Mr Kiran who helped in such times.

I must say that was a very narrow escape. Glad to know that you filed an FIR, I only wish justice comes fast. Along with the driver even the vehicle owner should be behind bars and deserves the same punishment.
    1 person likes this.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Acc.JPG

Yesterday I witnessed a classic case of dangers on Indian roads.
    At around 5 PM yesterday as I was driving back from my office via ORR and just before Marathahalli junction (near More retail) a young guy got extremely lucky and avoided a major accident. It was mostly his fault to cross the road at that point where vehicles will come in 3/4 lanes at good speed.
    However as an Indian driver we should be always careful everywhere and expect the wildest imaginable act by other road users including humans and animals.
    Let me come to the scene, As you can see the scene 1 the swift is in the front and an i20 trying to get past him, i was right behind them. I was observing the i20 from quite sometime and he was driving rashly but not getting chance to overtake other vehicles. I let him go and now he wanted to overtake the swift also.

Suddenly he swerved to the left, intending to overtake the swift without seeing the front road ahead and found the guy who was standing middle of the road to cross as soon as the swift passes him.
    Now imagine the situation, the guy was just !!!!!!!:shocked !!!!!!
    Luckily the guy was young and fit and could jump back in time to avoid direct hit by i20 and fell on his back on road.
    The i20 could not brake at all as it was so sudden and it was actually a blind spot for him, he did not stop and the God has given the young guy another chance to live when I saw there was just enough gap for the i20 to squeeze between the his legs on left and swift on right !!!
    Oh God !!! I was just shaken for a moment. The guy just got a new lease of life, if it was a lady/aged/unfit guy he would have been surely dead by now.

I went to the i20 and told him to drive carefully, he started saying it was the guy's fault, I just said you should not swerve so fast without even watching the front. Few bikers also gave him their piece of mind.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if any other vehicle had come from his left !!!
    I am posting it here so that each one of us should be careful as anything can happen on Indian roads, let us all drive responsibly.
  4. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Somenpaul, appreciate your effort posting it with pictorial rep. I completely agree that for a driver here we should always anticipate the unexpected, both in city roads as well as in highways.
    1 person likes this.
  5. it is the mistake by both but, more from young guy, what he was doing stating on the middle of the road?
    Problem is had the i20 guy hit him and there was case none of the mistakes of Yong fellow is taken into account every thing would have fallen on i20 guy.

We who drive machines need to have more patience and awareness of what is happening on the road, driving on the road is privilege not a rite.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Soumen, that was the best explanation and amazing drawing sir!!
    To some extent the blame can be put on to the traffic rules there were no signals for pedestrians to cross atleast in Pune which makes the pedestrians to loose control and cross the road like this.
    1 person likes this.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    There are so many roads like that all over India. The road in this case has so many outlets on either side, and everyday I see people are crossing roads taking life risk.
    Yesterday itself 10 minutes before this incident, near another junction (Silk Board) I saw a family with kids crossing road on green signal and was at the middle of the road. All the vehicles had to brake hard so that they cross safely.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    that ORR is a classic case to deal with and say confidently that Indians in India deserve to get back to the bullock cart days.
    This might be a bold statement but just look at the mess that is created even when the authorities have done all they can to ensure smooth flow. The entire stretch from silk board almost till start of the flyover at mahadevpura (its about 20kms) is kept clean, good roads with only a few potholes and yet we cannot feel safe on those roads.

Autos park where they want, folks stand on the road in the hopes to catch the BMTC and get a seat to sit, taxis have a mind of there own and the so called IT polished crowd is just plain freaking DUMB.
    2 people like this.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Great illustration, the young man who tried to cross the road is indeed luckily - most people freeze when they face a situation like that.

I have noticed this is in Pune as well, crossing some roads here is a pretty scary affair.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Soumen, like everyone else said, nice rendering there. I guess you should take up automotive design. :D

Traffic in Bangalore is utter chaos. I would say that it is partly the guy's fault too. He has no business crossing the road without attention and anticipation. And technically he should be using the zebra crossing only.
    2 people like this.