1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

as sad it is to look at cars being destroyed as a last effort cars main purpose is to save life,should the unthinkable happen.
    Knowing FIAT is doing this so easily makes me even more proud that I own one.
    I dont think anything can make me switch my baby to something else EVER.
    My respect for FIAT has increased a lot after seeing this.

I mean anything more needed... oh my god
    FIAT greatness :)

But to all.. Lets try as far as possible to never test FIAT's strength please
    Avoid night driving(highways) no matter what happens
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The pic of the accidental Punto was after it rammed into an Eicher Truck (Medium sized truck, bigger than 407). The truck suddenly appeared from the wrong side on the highway & Punto was at 130-140. The owner couldn't brake more than a couple of secs. It rammed into that Mazda at a speed of more than 100 km/hr & went 1 mtr inside it. There were 4 occupants inside it, all were fine except some minor bruises in necks & backs due to whiplashes:mrgreen:.

The truck driver had serious injuries in abdomen & ribs because of the steering, though out of danger. It's Engine & front portion was damaged for a good side of a couple of lacs. There was no engine left in the car too. There was hardly 50 kg of metal left inside engine bay as most of the stuff fell on the road when it was towed. The boot bent without any direct impact due to such a drastic 100-0 velocity change in milli secs (Holy Cowwww!!!). The front windshield was still intact...!!!!!

I am sure there is nothing less that Linea has gone through. It looks an even bigger truck as it's winshield it broken but surely another high speed ramming case. We can always take heart & feel happy celebrating about our cars till the date no life is lost.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    punto rammed in to that mazda at 100+ kmph. In fact the truck was not at stand still.it would have been roughly at a speed of 40, 50 or even greater.so the relative speed could have been 140+.literally the punto rammed something standstill at a speed greater than 140!!!! . imo no other japan/Korean cars of the same segment or a segment higher could have survived from this kind of collisions.am i right guys? proud to own a fiat! :)
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Truck was hardly moving & braked completely to a halt when it saw that collision was inevitable. It was trying to go it's right side by crossing over the wrong side road:A. Just another *%$&^@## who thinks he is safe because he is in a big vehicle. Hardly care for other's life, doesn't matter if it's whole family traveling in a car including infants who are yet to experience goods/bads of this world. Very good lesson imparted to him.

Lesson that
    1. Cars too can **** the **** up of a big vehicle & it's driver
    2. not everything is Chinese that will fold up & just manage to stuck under lorry's tires as an iron blob.
    3. no truck driver is safe if it's a FIAT:mrgreen:. Hail FIAT..!
  5. sungoa2010

Today there was an accident in NH . A lorry suddenly turned without indicator on. One innova and swift vxi were behind the lorry and Innova's front hit the lorry and the swift behind the innova hit it on back. Swift's front has completely damaged. Innova's front has simply got crushed. See the photo below.

Lesson to learn : Always keep a safe distance from front vehicle.
    Do not rely entirely on indicator.
    Avoid racing on road.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Innova & swifts were racing with lorry:confused:
    The best way to avoid a lorry is to immediately over take it & get away from it asap. Anything can happen with them like broken axles, tyre burst or even imbalance because of overloading. They carry as much as 4 times more than the legal weight that is prescribed by manufacturers. All with the help of bribery. Overtake them asap & get the hell out of their way. People sticking up behind or in front of lorries always mess it up. If one is riding@40km/hr near a lorry driving sedate & safe, he could be the next one!
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

+1 to above and always blow horn few times before overtaking any big goods carrier vehicle even if it seems to be moving straight it its lane. you never know when it would suddenly change lanes.

Also become extra cautious when trying to overtake more than one vehicle at once which are moving one behind the other ahead of you. in such situations its very likely that one of those will try to overtake the one ahead of it!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you have pointed the right thing,myselves as an example of such accident with my punto,after three months of punto buy in may -2011 ,i faced the incident on Toll booth.i was more than 6 meters away from the truck and i was talking to my parents in the car either me or that bloody driver(was busy with removing purse for toll money) didnt recognised the truck was slowly coming behind and then it came to my notice when my parents and sis started shouting, i was not in postion to start the car or take reverse(as another truck was behind me) .and finally the truck came and rested on my bonnet was big dent(deep) (where inside the Air filter kit sits) on the bonnet.trust me if it might have been the maruthi god knows......
    Finally safe, been to police station near by for further process incase any legal docs required for insurance purpose.The driver was holding LMV license.

P.S:- try to maintain distance on toll booth especially from trucks.if you find ahead speeed breakers(the dirty 3 or 4 bumps) as well, be careful, dont cross it immediately if truck/car is ahead of you ,maintain as much as distance.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with you.,
    Get the way away from the Heavy vehicles ASAP, as they are always on the Right side to avoid the potholes and the Bikes.
    when i drive i simply honk them hard and watch them in their side mirror and confirm that they have heard me and then zoom ahead, But sometimes i also pass them without honking as they have left the Right lane vacant,
    In Kuwait the heavy vehiclea are not allowed to come on the second track then have to be on the 4th or the 3rd track unless they want o overtake,
    If any heavy vehicle are seen on the 2nd track we just dial the 112 and inform the patrolling that the following make of vehicle with the plate no is on the 2nd track, thats it, in 7 minutes the patrolling cop is behind him and he is fined,
    Here in Kuwait the cop has to reach the spot on 7 minutes, as they are usually on the streets.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

Here in India these truck are stick to the fast lane and will be moving with 60-80 kmph blocking all the vehicles. Recently when I travelled in NH4 most of the overtaking has been done from left side. There is another side to this. The vehicles parked on the road side also create trouble for this heavy vehicles to stick to the left lane. So first the road side parking should be strictly avoided.
    2 people like this.