1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i am hearing about many tyre burst related accidents these days i am afraid what could be the reason behind has anyone put light in this area on what is the root cause what are the precautions one has to take and how do avoid accidents in such cases. Thank god Satish and his family are safe and sorry for all the ordeal they had to face.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    surya sir,

cause of the fatal accident is due to gross negligence or ignorance,whether to blame sathish or tyre dealer.

knowingly driven with side wall damaged tyre is a suicidal.

it is an human error.

In the event of tyre burst.
    1.hold both hands firmly on steering wheel.
    2.Do not Brake,on contrast accelerate to counter the lateral pull.
    3.switch on the hazard light to intimate the fellow road user that this car has some issue.pull over gently.

points to check before a highway trip.
    1.visually check the tyre every square inch.if possible on the ramp.
    2.feel with bare hands,usually inner side wall go unnoticed can caught.
    3.at cold condition,fill nitrogen 1 or 2 psi more than recommended.for ex:fill 35psi front/34psi rear for Linea, recommended is 33psi.
    4.tyre wear indicator gives tell tale signs of uneven wear.

J.Ravi sir had a tyre burst in his linea @80kmph,luckily no issues.

Cold condition:means car has been parked whole night and driven not more than 1 or 2 km max to petrol bunk in the morning to fill nitrogen.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Bus catches fire near Hyderabad, 40 people feared dead

Details here

Rajan
  4. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    I am wondering , Diesel tank in Volvo bus is not exposed out side . its fully covered. These reports are cooking up story or is it really hit !!!
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Just before logging into TFI, read about the accident on NDTV site. Really sad! Its a private operator bus. Not sure whether the driver was at fault. But, always feel that a powerful Volvo + crazy private fleet drivers is a dangerous combo. Personally, I feel safer in the Govt run KSRTC Volvos than the private ones. Very unfortunate incident. RIP.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Very Sad to see such accident. RIP.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I can't fathom taking a bus again. Incidents like these freak me out. Better to drive!
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ironically, TOI claims a collision with a tanker as the cause, while NDTV maintains that it was due to the fuel tank scraping a culvert. Given that Diwali is round the corner, most passengers were headed home for the festival and diesel not being so easily combustible, I suspect a cargo of fireworks. No source or anything, just a gut feeling.

Rajan
  9. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Patchyboy.

Exactly , I was about to tell tat in comment . but don't want hurt people sentiment. As Indians have the habit of following paid media channels and getting themselves fooled.

Diesel tank in Volvo will be in the driver side. Driver will well aware of it and while over taking also it will not be hit.

Prime suspect i felt crackers from Hosur , which are available cheap.
  10. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Yes I also said this to my friends. If you pour diesel on a fire the fire will go off instead of creating an explosion. I too suspect some crackers or some other highly flamable substance in the cargo area. Read that the driver claimed there was a tyre burst and I feel overspeeding/rash driving will be the main reason.

May their soul RIP.....
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013