1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Naresh bro, Vitara and Kizashi yes, SX4 no.

I have seen SX4 owners wondering how they all got similar dents on their rear quarter panel without any kind of impact whatsoever. The sheet metal is so flimsy that most SX4 s have that dent. It isn't there when the car is new, after the car has been used for a while it appears and Maruti coolly says to the customers that it is due to chassis flex.

I dread cars like the Etios, Amaze and most Maruti s and Toyota s as well due to the flimsy build. They are bullet proof reliable but nowhere as safe as Fiats or VWs.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Driver,
    Since you mentioned dents, one of my friends Dzire rear side (C piller) dented due to an accident. The dent was around probably 20x20 cms (yep i had seen it in live) and recently he got it painted. Maruti (Mandovi) dealer charged him 5k. I think for such a small area, the cost is too high. Not sure how our cars gets charged. The work is nicely done but on a closer look one can notice in the difference in new vs old paint :D

I asked him to get a 3M paint protected sealant such that whole body looks glossy than just this small area.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Am sorry, but I am not able to relate what you posted to what I had mentioned.

Any car would get a dent in an accident even our Fiats.

The dents am talking about in sx4 happen by themselves.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Driver,
    Oops i guessed you would get into this confusion. Sorry buddy. I apologize for not making it clear. :)

I just wanted to share this pricing info on dent fixes on maruti which i consider is a bit more costly and this dent so happened shows the slightly less quality in metal being used.

Yep i just took only the dent part of your statement and my post has noting else to relate to your post. No offense bro. Just a info sharing.
  6. Dents are quite common in bangalore city (personal experience ;)) , but as a matter of fact, I have seen more swifts and dzires with dents than 800's or alto's.
    not sure what exactly they are made of. last 1 month, I came across 2 accidents in and around blore city(involving the fragile twins, both head on to BMTC bus), where none of the passengers could make out alive. Not sure if maruthi will ever take a note of it or not.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Though maruti Suzuki is awarded or awarding itself as having the safest cars the company should really wake up and see how there tin boxes are ending up like and people should also learn from the fact that a tin is a tin nothing can be done about it..
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@puntosat: Max speeds are not mentioned on tyres in terms of kmph. There is a speed rating. Like 88T, 88V, 88H, etc. The alphabet defines the upper speed limit.
    2 people like this.