1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. IMHO Braking performance of both cars are scary.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is very old thread where they compared Swift and Palio. I haven't driven a Swift but the brakes in Palio is also ridiculous and scary.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah thats true. One of known mechanic to me was saying that Brake booster in Palio's are not par with Punto and Linea's . Does this could be reason for Inadequate Braking performance in Palio's?
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    :hijacked

Mods could consider renaming this thread title to "Swift bashing" instead of "Accidents" :evilsmile

44 posts within half a day. Must be the most active thread of the day (any analytics??)
  5. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Why I feel fiat is safer than other cars.
    1. HANDLING: Any sane fiat driver would know the limits of his car due to the way our cars communicate with us. Especially the steering which makes us know what the front wheels are upto in a particular situation. Even in case of a sudden manoeuver fiats will hold their line better than others. That's why you find many vernas, scorpios etc out of the road on corners while you can't find many fiats like this.
    2.BRAKES: Best in class brakes with perfect modulation means you can stop the car where you want and not the car wants. Couple that with the HPS and you stay in absolute control even in most panicky situations. These two aspects play a big role in avoiding an accident. Now what if we can't avoid an accident. Then comes
    3.BUILD QUALITY: We all know that our cars are strongest in the segment.That strength in combination with proper crumble zones help to dissipate energy and protect the passenger cabin. Tin can cars would crumble altogether.
    4.SAFETY FEATURES: Airbags,ABS,seat belt warning etc play a very important role in improving safety. Features are not on paper alone. They work in Fiats. For example in my linea ABS has kicked in many times at speeds even as low as 30kmph. In my polo I haven't felt it yet. Obviously I haven't lost control of my polo yet under hard braking. But I sincerely doubt whether ABS in my polo works or not. Almost all cars below 10lakh except fiat would fail in any of the above criterions. The Germans may be close though not perfect. I think fiat has one of the lowest accidents to deaths ratio.Now no matter whatever the car is if the driver is an idiot and he is travelling at insane speeds, no car would be able to protect him. Not even a volvo could. So drive safe always.
    5 people like this.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We might getting into OT:) . As mentioned by some one earlier,Most of accidents happen due to Driver errors. FIAT is offering best in class Build, braking / Handling due to which we would definitely have saved someones life or ours .
    P.S - Post 2005, Vehicles sales are increasing .Thanks to Swift , DJire :) they are up on the chart on sales. But they miss Build quality, Handling , Braking which are not par with European Cars. You can see the stats...Most accidents where in Swift , Dzire involved proving to be fatal due to lack of build quality and Braking efficiency.
    Sorry Mods for OT again.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I remember this incident which happened in ooty when i had gone there with my family we decided to book a taxi an Indica for our city tour as the roads are narrow and curves all around its strictly prohibited to overtake at the curves but this taxi guy was crazy he was blindly overtaking every other vehicle ahead of him and lot of times we were almost about to hit the vehicle i jumped several times in the car and asked that guy to drive slowly and do not overtake for that he gave a smile and told don't worry sir nothing will happen, i was cursing him all the day and finally was relived of my mind in the evening after the city tour..:-(
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I met one such guy in a new Figo yesterday evening. He was trying to overtake everyone in front of him in a 2 lane (1 up, 1 down) narrow section of MC road (between Changanassery and Thiruvalla).
    I cooled myself and let him go, though he pushed me out of the road. But, I honked as an indication of my frustration.
    I had my wife and kid also on the car.
  9. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    I wouldn't call all Maruti cars bad in the build department. The SX4, Grand Vitara and Kizashi are allegedly better built.
    Also, i20 maybe heavier than the Linea owing to the 6 airbags it has.

Apart from maintaining saner speeds on the roads, I think our best bet is to religiously count on the primary restraint systems that we paid for in our cars: the seatbelts.
  10. Sx4?? No way..yes better than alto, waggy, swift but not good..
    Vitara and kizashi? Yes they are sturdy, but you hardly even spot one, maybe once a year at the most..

I20 heavier than linea?? Thats news to me...though I dont know the exact weight of the airbags in them, but this is really heavy stuff man...
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013