1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    While the general consensus is that Fiat cars are tough (relative to competition), I get irked when Fiat owners think their cars are indestructible. This is absolute rubbish. At the end of the day, Fiats are still just a car and not a "tank", with technology and crash worthiness being almost half a decade old.

I think most members on this forum believe since their cars are the heaviest in its segment, the doors close with a solid thunk, that gives them the confidence their cars can withstand any impact and they can come unscathed which is so not true

Alright, just a simple google search revealed the following images. I do not know who the car belongs to or what happened to the car's occupants. But by looking at the way the passenger compartment has caved in, I doubt any passengers would have made it out alive.

421378IMG-20130727-WA0008.jpg

323734IMG-20130727-WA0003.jpg

230585IMG-20130727-WA0007.jpg

906403DSCN7832-001.JPG

Its already been said a million times before and I will reiterate the same again. While 5* euro ncap rating, ABS, EBD, TC, ASR and so many other such technologies are necessary and do help to a certain extent, its the Driver and his frame of mind while driving which rises above all at the end of the day.

FYI, the above images are taken from Salvage Auto Auctions, Online Auction of Cars, Car Salvage, Damaged Cars
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. @rohit,

Looks like you jumped the gun early, I believe you did not read an earlier post http://www.teamfiat.co.in/i-am-off-topic/2548-accidents-71.html#post194375 when you haven't read the all the posts please hold on getting irked:) just kidding don't take it seriously.
    Again i reiterate, I am yet see a report stating some one died in FIAT Punto/Linea but don't rule out the possibility but, my point of argument was there are more chances of fatality in "Coffins on wheels".

I will be surely be irked and surprised if some one defends coffins on wheels(Swift/Dezire).
    1 person likes this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I do not know the reason for the accident, but a little bit of cautious behavior on road can help you avoid such unfavorable circumstances. Could be the driver's fault.

Nothing against the Swift, but I feel Tata indica is more solidly built than a Swift of Swift Desire. The thickness of the metal sheet of Swift says it all.

Also, a crash test showed Tata Nano is safer than a Maruti Alto, does that talk about the build quality of Maruti ?

Yet, I do not understand why people fall for it and don't mind waiting for a year to get the car.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Cmon sat, Euoncap gives swift a 5 star rating. So calling it a coffin would be too degrading. Ofcourse i agree the body quality is low, but not toyota liva low :p
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The point here is that Fiat cars are relatively safer than others in the segment. There are instances where I have read a driver killed in a BMW too. But, I haven't come across any such unfortunate news with the Fiat cars. :)

Not at all. I have been telling and shouting this to death all these years.

Fiat Linea is lighter than even Hyundai i20, Maruti SX4 but still I feel Linea is safer.
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Could be the possiblity that there are very less numbers of FIATs on road and 99% of them are driven by enthu, cautious, responsible drivrers like us who atmost love their cars?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The cars safety cannot be judged only by the crash test. Do they ever do a test to see how the car behave during Aquaplaning? I don't think so.
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    But the crash test done by Euro ncap guys determines the body withstand right?
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Safety Firstâ„¢
    Keep/Make other vehicles in safety zone while driving.Lets keep God busy in other cases.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Indeed. Princess Diana died in a Merc, considered to be one of the safest cars in the world.

Rajan