1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Can it be called as moving coffins(coined from flying coffins) for which people don't mind waiting for year to get their hands on.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Perhaps coffin on wheels, eh? Or accident magnet?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  3. coffin on wheels

cns-1029Coffin.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sat,
    Apologies if i have fail to understand your statement "Coffin on Wheel = Swift Dzire" car. If what i understood is right, dont you think sir that all the car (Even our FIAT cars) at such high speed (In the above accident case, exact speed is not known) ramming into on comming vechile would more or less be in the same shape?

Just trying to understand the point of view here, no way meant offense in any sort of ways.
  5. Please show me one example of totaled fiat Punto/Linea car where one or all the occupants died? Three of my friends have died in Swift/dezire
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good Ministers still living in India too.

BANGALORE: At a time when politicians are a vilified lot, a 61-year-old Karnataka minister on Tuesday became a hero on Tuesday morning by jumping into a cold lake along with his guards and saving a family of six trapped in a sinking car. Primary and secondary education minister Kimmane Ratnakar was travelling in his official Innova to Bangalore from his native town of Thirthahalli when he spotted the sinking car and ordered his convoy to stop.

Full details :- Karnataka minister, staff jump into lake, save 6 from sinking car - The Times of India

Accident due to Swift Steering lock as owner described.
    5 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sat,
    At the moment the numbers of Dzires on road vs Fiat on road is leaps difference. And for sure more FIAT cars are driven by enthu and great lovers like us right. So we are all more responsible. I do agree absolutely that FIAT cars are way ahead in quality. But given the speed of say 160+, ramming into on comming vechicle i think will create a hevoc destruction.

On a side note, the above quality line reminds me off a scenario at my office. Figo parked next to my car. Was just checking the bumper quality of both the cars. Tapping the figo bumper just made me jaw dropped. Such a plastic? I guess they have taken the dashboard plastic and made a bumper out of it. :A

P.S: I do not certainly have knowledge about cars as most of you guys here, but i am just in the discusion to understand better.
  8. I am not denying that fact but tin cans/coffins on wheels gives away much earlier than a FIAT.
    2 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Bottomline - All else - speed, road conditions, speed of the oncoming vehicle, driver's reaction time,etc. - being the same, one has a better chance of survival in a better built car. From that stand point, any car from the Maruti stable will not be able to withstand such an impact, while cars like our own FIAT - in the same segment - and cars like a BMW or a Merc -from a much higher segment - will protect the occupants much better. Of course, that would be assuming that the occupants were wearing seatbelts.

Having said that, most accidents are due to human error. So, the car and it's build quality are not really the problem here. That comes into play AFTER the accident happens. I think the build quality of the driver is what needs to be improved first.

Rajan
    2 people like this.