1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @Zen, may be this spot cud be post Bannerghatta towards kanakapura road !
    As i was on a Conf call and was driving slow towards left..missed to notice the exact spot. Or
    As i said tow van was already on the spot they might have cleared it and the spot was very dark....As i applied break to slow down 20 feet from the accident spot...the nice patrol vehicle was there and no hazard warning buggers ! Only one man stopping the vehicles with hand held red light baton
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm...May be it was cleared off by 7. Make sure u avoid diverting yourself via conf call while driving, tho slow but its NICE. People take it for granted that its super express highway :D
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. You missed one exit
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Imran
    Bhai, this news had come in kannada paper just a day before. It was the reason of tyre burst and loosing control of the car and ramming in to the bus which is approaching opposite side.
    I wonder this article gives a different reasoning. It was mentioned as tyre burst based on the local people witness and this paper says overtaking...
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Should be in the accidents thread. I for one cannot make out what car that was. Too bad.

Rajan
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

SWIFT DZIRE. 5 college kids on a jolly trip. Do not want to get into the graphic details.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Friend posted this link on Twitter. I dont know if its the right place to share. Please read through and spread awareness.

Bangalore: Five youth killed as speeding car rams BMTC bus - Bangalore - DNA

The condition of the car is so bad that there was no chance for people to survive. :( Sources say its a swift dezire (on closely looking at the alloy wheel in the picture, it seems like this is the first generation swift dezire.

Drive safe guys !!!
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    yes, its a first generation swift dezire (alloy in the pciture says it all).

@Patchyboy I remember your 3 parameters of driving. One must always keep that i mind to avoid such unfavorable circumstances !!!
  9. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Kindly re share those parameters

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Imran :)

Mayur - It is simple. The car is capable of doing "x" speed. The driver is capable of "y" speed. The road and traffic can accommodate "z" speed. Of these three variables, choose the minimum. I have followed this principle most of my life, but what do I know, I am an old man :D

Sadly the current generation wants to choose the maximum, sometimes with such consequences. As long it does not happen to them, they do not want to learn.

Rajan
    12 people like this.