1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    A very sad and frightening incident :(. Not sure why the constable got onto the car.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thats very common for a Traffic constable to get into the car. I saw more than a couple of times, when the Traffic Signal turns red. One or more constables scout for cars with dark tints or bikers who seem to not having the necessary documents. Usually they take the bike keys away and when the biker doesnot allow the same, then he sits on the pillion. In case of cars, I have seen constables sitting in the car when they find a dark tint.
    Unfortunate, but true.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @kiran,
    in the video do they. say more information than what's being shown like girl too drunk or bikers badly injured or case filed and what's next, etc ? I do not understand Telugu. :D
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I thought so :D As I have already posted, what happened according to the news channel was that, the guy was drunk, not the girl. On seeing the check point for Drunk-n-Drive, the guy shifted to the passenger side, giving the wheel to the girl. This was seen by the traffic cop and he sat in the rear, when the girl panicked and hit accelerator instead of brakes and ran over those bikers.

The driver should have thought, he rather be penalised for drunk and drive rather than hit and run. The car ran over the poor biker's back. The TV channel says that the guy is seriously injured.

I am not on facebook, my wife told me about this, today morning and she did that because there was a Punto involved in it.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have seen many cops do this. The logic being, you cannot get away.

It happened to me too once, near KR Road junction. I was delayed at work and was driving home at around 11 PM. Used to live in Kumaraswamy Layout, those days. Cars were being pulled over for checking and a constable directed me to join the queue. The moment I came to a halt, he tried to open the rear door and get inside, but all the doors were locked. He asked me to unlock it and I asked him what for? He said, if you have had a drink, it is better to settle it here with me. My inspector is very strict and will fine you at least Rs. 2000. I told him - "Boss, I am going home from work. I am tired and have not had a drink. I think I will rather meet your inspector and talk to him". With that I turned off the engine and unbuckled the seat belt. He must have sensed that I was in fact sober. So, he just let me go. Of course this was in 2008.

In this case, looks like the constable noticed the driver swap. Since there would have been no scope of penalizing by breath analysis, it appears to me that the constable got in the car, hoping to make a quick buck. Obviously, the girl did not know how to drive.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    OT alert..

@Rajan,
    Looks like you were my area-mate ;)

@Kiran,
    Hmm... thanks buddy. Ye looks like she does not know driving hence panicked and injured the poor guys. Too bad, definitely police should teach them a hard lesson. Hope the biker guy got no broken back or ribs or something. I am sure the bike is fully damaged with such sparked dragging.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Punto is a heavy car and the rear tyre went over his ribcage. I would be surprised if he is alive. Even if he is, it is extremely unlikely that he would ever recover fully. The people trying to lift him up would have actually added to the harm. Aren't the cops supposed to be trained in first aid? Don't they know not to move someone who has just suffered a massive internal injury?

Rajan
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Novice woman driver runs down bike riders - Times Of India

^These idiots gathered news from somewhere that it was a duster. The number they posted is actually of a duster :eek: They might have gathered news from some police station and might have been given the number of the wrong vehicle.

In India, everyone wants the injured to rise up and stand by himself to make sure he is alright. If he is unable to stand, that is when they think of an alternative. The African guy (Looked like) was more sensible and shouted at the others to keep him flat.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    6:40pm ....Guys, today on Nice road between hosur road to kanakapura road, i saw horrible accident , Hyundai i20 completely mangled, looked like it toppled as the roof had caved in its wind shield shattered doors bent awkward ... On the left side there was another car might be a Hyundai or Maruti New Zen or i10 it was dark... The left rear tyre was out....the car wason its brake drum....and back side damaged... Unsure if i20 hit this other car or the zen or i10 tyre went off suddenly and i20 driver trying to avoid the free running tyre lost control... But there was no sign of any ambulance... So unsure if anyone hurt...tow vehicle was at the scene.. Anyone saw this ?
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Harish (cubbie)
    I drove on Nice today around 645 till bannerghetta road from Hosur road. Did not see any such accident.