1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    I think sensors are connected with the seatbelts.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we have one example in the case of our tfian cutyred whose punto's passenger airbag deployed when passenger was not wearing seatbelt.

Airbags being dual stage, it is quite possible that only stage one inflation happens without seatbelt but i don't think anyone can confirm that!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is what the owner's manual says, if only we bothered to read :A :A

Seatbelts.JPG

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol! If bikers don't get hurt, it ends up being just too hilarious. They do fly here and there, not only in Bangalore but everywhere. I remember some slippery liquid on road once (may be it was diesel), where every 10 mins, i hear a two wheeler sliding:evilsmile. It was market place so No injury to anyone, just a lot of smiles from fallen biker (embarrassment obviously) and gathering of sun glass/mobile phone lying next to him and flee asap.

I wonder if Helmets create lot of accidents and then save you from head injury (sometimes it may not). If Helmet isn't enough, many prefer to listen music with earphones. They can't hear people honking behind, can't perceive what is coming towards you from left or right, you absolutely drive right in the middle of road and suddenly, bang! It gets very annoying (many times a day), when you keep honking on a narrow road but Macho@40km/hr doesn't listen with long tail of vehicles behind him and nothing in front. Many 3 wheelers do the same, especially on flyovers. They climb at the mercy of almighty creater and people following 3 wheeler absolutely curse themselves for being alive that day:A.

This is all expected when 150 cc bikes with 8 bhp creates thundering, raining, storming, fire and even helicopter chases. I just don't like this concept of two wheeler at all (the way it is here locally). I literally shake head when i see a couple riding on a bike with baby in the lap. Why can't these irresponsible idiots take a bus instead of endangering life of an innocent baby?
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  6. A person I know, earning handful, father of an infant, doesn't own a car. I asked him, how do you manage to take you daughter for the hospitals. He said everything will be taken care by my Tiger (his Honda Stunner). When I asked him, why not you buy a car atleast to use it when you take your baby girl outside like hospitals or when it is raining, his answer was, "That is the biggest Mistake the current generation parents make these days Sridhar " " The KIDS are getting spoiled now-a-days because one of the reason being their parents have a car. I would not spoil my daughter like that, like my dad brought me up without owning a car, like my fatherinlaw brought up my wife without a car, i am going to bring up my daughter without a car till her 20s" . he doesn't have an answer how a car will spoil the KIDS, but he was stubborn in his idea. He also said, he thought of giving me the same advise when I bought the car but since he was not sure how I would react to his advise, he didn't. May be had very bad experience giving the same advise to someone else.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There are some people waiting to commit mistakes and then correct themselves, thinking they are always right.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was brought up without a car, fridge, a cot, a TV. Damn, when we moved to our own house in 1975 - I was 11 years old - we did not have power supply for one whole year. Does that mean I have to deprive my family of all these comforts?

I hope your friend has the common sense to call for an auto / taxi when he needs to take his daughter out and does not ride around with the infant precariously balanced in the arms of the mother, who herself is precariously balanced on the pillion seat.

Rajan
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Especially as the new generation bikes seem to be meant for just the rider with the pillion eat at a high position. Getting down from it requires acrobatic skills.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Teaching a judicious and rational use of facilities (say car etc) can be much more beneficial to a child than a straight-up denial of all facilities. Using facilities isn't bad. Abusing and over-using - yes.

But hey, to each according to his own.
    1 person likes this.