1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^The foremost reason why I fell in love with Fiat
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Saw this today morning on Virajpet - Siddapura road. A tree was uprooted from the other side of the road partly blocking the road. The truck was probably try to move on using the available portion of the road. The bus was struggling to cross.
    Photo0821.jpg
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

4. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    very disheartening to see a new vehicle in conditional like this..
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Man.. Where did this happen.. Looks like a wrong start :( for Ford as it is not even launched and we have the first crash reported:helmet
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pauleralil - It happened near Goa. They were trying to turn in a curve at high speed and the car crashed.

I too met with an accident last week. In my native I was driving in state highway. It has villages on the way. In one village, I was overtaking a bus and suddenly noticed that there is a curve. So I applied brake and honked heavy as it is a narrow turn. In that road, the private and government buses ply in high speed. For safety I applied brake as I should not end up with any buses. As expected there was a government bus at high speed in the turn and that driver heard the honk and noticed my car so he too applied brake. But alas. It was too late and the bus stopped banging the car. There were scratches in the bumper and 1 inch crack in the right headlight. There is a small dent in bonnet too.

I thought the impact might have damaged the internal parts but no parts have been damaged. As well with the impact too the car stood still. But I suspect the impact is bit heavy as the gap in the bonnet area is more on the right hand side. I checked near door and the top for any possible crack in the frame but there were no such gaps in the center body but in the boot the right side I feel the gap is more.

As my bro-in-law and two other relatives in car, we were discussing the impact on the way. Everyone were telling that if it is other cars, the impact of this accident would have been made the other cars to tow to yard.

Thinking of putting it for the dent removal next week. Need to check with the SC this weekend as the SC is running full.
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Senthil, I am happy that the mishap was avoided.

Pls. take forward the lesson learnt - never ever overtake on blind curves, overtake only when you are doubly sure that there is no incoming traffic (for reqd. time) in the lane you are about to use.
    2 people like this.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Raj. Actually I noticed it as curve at last moment. Otherwise I would haven't try to overtake. I now learnt that don't overtake in state highways of TN. Horrible bus drivers. :shocked
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Senthil,

Glad you are safe. Frontal head on with a state bus is really scary. Wonder if the impact was so slow, that even the airbags did not deploy.

Rajan
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan ji, Mine is dynamic so no airbags. Head on is averted. We collided on my right bumper with the right bumper of the bus. The bus might be at speeds of around 40 KMPH and there was at least 15-20 meters gap while the bus driver braked.