1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was having a word with the CRM regarding this car and it was reported that this car was driven by a lady newbie and she hit a wall by pressing the A pedal instead of the B.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Should be comfortable with the letters A,B,C first, before going for words like road, driving, and traffic!
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Considering the impact on the windscreen the chances are that it was a 2 wheeler & someone was thrown on the windshield.

OOps.late post .:confused
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

That was my guess too, I find the wall story too fancy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Met with 2 minor accidents in span of a week. Last Monday near Silk Board signal (was coming from E-City) one Hyundai Accent guy hit the car from behind and bumper came a bit out. It was half my mistake and remaining the other guy's. There were two buses on my right and a ready-mix tanker in front. One of the bus driver is taking an U-turn in that place so the other bus gone straight. The tanker was struggling left and right because of the other bus took U turn. The other vehicles gone past on the left and I started taking a bit right to join the ORR whereas the tanker took left track. Meanwhile the signal got changed and this Accent guy came fast with no visibility of my car because of the tanker and hit on the left plank of the bumper. I took him to the service road and he agreed to pay the charges. I got the estimate from KHT for the repairs.

The second happened yesterday. Was driving to office and near Symphony teleca in Whitefield (behind ITPL). The road turns left there and I too was. Suddenly a guy in bike started overtaking me from left; that means he is inside radius of my turn and scratched the back door (again!). Even for courtesy the guy didn't slow down. I chased and could able to note his bike number and he headed to ITPL only. As my office too inside ITPL, am getting help to trace that guy as after entering ITPL, I lost him because of the security checkups and was not able to find which parking area he went in.

Need to make him to pay the damages so that he will never overtake any vehicle inside it's turning radius or from left hand side. I hate the ones who overtakes from left or overtakes from inside circle of the turn. If I could crush these guys with no penalty, will do it happily (Grrrrr).
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    have you followed the guidelines to adjusting your ORVMs as posted here on TFI.
    Believe it or not in India the car owners need to be more careful than bike fellows, that's how good we are.

Anyway the reason why i brought this point up is because I had similar instances with my car as well and after i adjusted my ORVMs as per guidelines believe it or not I'm more confident that i can avoid these idiots overtaking from the left.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I adjusted it neatly (practically done when I was waiting to pick my wife from her E-City office; checked the vehicle in my RVM and it's shift to the right ORVM when the vehicle changes the track) and still I was believing that this guy won't do it as it is a blind sharp turn. I was at the left corner of the right track. This guy should have waited for a second and overtake me even if it is a left side overtake. I was thinking if there is a bus parked on that left track, what would have the guy ended up with?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    then its pure bad luck mate.
    I feel pathetic sometimes to see such kind of drivers going into the so called "Technological HUB of India" .

I wonder where the education, civic sense are in these kind of people!
    1 person likes this.
  9. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    There would have been an off-legal settlement and the owner declared the accident like that to ease the insurance process.
    If human injury is reported it would not be an easy process to avail the claims, my thoughts ;).
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    The lady will have a tough time convincing the insurance company with her WALL story :)