1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Looks like the mistake is with the Q-class driver who couldn't wait for the lorry on the other side overtaking and rammed straight into it .
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Iron rods sticking out of truck pierce through car in Noida near Delhi; driver killed, two injured :(

Iron rods protruding from a truck near Delhi pierced through a car when it rear-ended the truck, killing one and injuring two others. Amit Srivastava, working with a software firm in Noida, a suburb of Delhi, was driving to work with two colleagues in a Hyundai I-10 when he hit the truck. An iron girder got stuck in his body. He died immediately, said police sources. His colleagues are seriously injured and are in hospital. The truck driver, who abandoned his vehicle, has yet to be found

Source: NDTV

accident.JPG
  3. What can be done be what ever car ,when some thing like this happens.these day I dont see any truck transporting iron rods this way in Bangalore.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In such cases, best you can do is to avoid following them or keeping a minimum safe braking distance from such vehicles.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    In 2007, I too had an accident with a Tata ACE carrying iron rods in front of me. It was my mistake to talk over phone while driving. I was following ACE and I knew that I should keep distance. At a traffic island the policeman noticed me on phone and tried to stop. I left the phone and was hushing up hurriedly. But, that action took my car close to the ACE and bang, my windshield was broken. Luckily no other damage.
    I stopped driving on the phone. Now I accept a call only with Blue & Me, otherwise pull over to the side to attend the call.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ limraj, yes its always dangerous to use mobile while driving. I see few people trying to manage mobile in all postures, angles by twisting their neck in all possible directions but still continue driving! Why cant they just pull over and talk, if its so damn important :A

Btw, recollected a nice add from TATA regarding mobile usage while driving -

Tata.JPG
    7 people like this.
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    According to eyewitness, Etios was driven slowly and the overtaking lorry rammed into it.
    Its so unfortunate. Now a days Kerala roads have become killing fields. Some other news every day.

What are the law making agencies and the government doing for this.
    They only have time to fuss about Italian Marines/Ministers Family affairs and many more stupid things.
    Seriously they should wake up and do something for their own public like strict law enforcement and better infrastructure.
    The number of people killed on road any day is greater than those involved in the Italian Marine case (I am not saying what the marines did was a fair thing)
    News papers boast India (OR some state) has highest death rate/Accident rate. Its like any other news for public which somebody may think would be useful for the next Quiz competition.

Ultimately its the drivers behavior and common sense which helps avoid such accidents.
    Educating morons through public advertisements and campaigns should be the solution I think.
    I have read somewhere in news papers during 2013 new year week, Bangalore traffic police put on display the mangled remains of a car on brigade road. This was an attempt to spread the message about after math of Drunken Driving.
    Though a small initiative, i believe at least one guy would have been transformed.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Spotted at RDC, Fiat exclusive. Seems to have hit a two wheeler from the damage done. uploadfromtaptalk1365480729104.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    The bonnet is bent too and I doubt if a 2-wheeler can do that.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, there is damage on the windscreen and wheel arch too.