1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Seems like the Dejire owner read up about our world famous MASA Scientist Dr.Yashik's space shuttle theory and tried to implement it. :D

Hope no one was hurt!
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well this should be an offtopic reference but saw it in my Facebook so sharing.

3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ohhh my god.... cant imagine what happened to passenger in that swift.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry to see accident. Damage is not so huge.
    Still rack & lower arm damaged?
    It,s hard to believe by seeing damage. If steering rack & lower arm is bent then alloy wheel should also damage. But alloy wheel seems ok

BTW check alloy wheel. Small invisible bent may cause imbalanced tyre & wrong alignment.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Most of the regulars on this route would know it:

There is a flyover near vaniyambadi (TN) on Bangalore - Chennai NH46, which has a really sharp curve (almost a right angle). This can be dangerous if one is not cautious.

My punto's tyres (165/80 R14) have squealed on it couple of times due to myself not being careful enough.
    The two instances were:
    1. I was lost in some thought listening to loud music. Speed was 140 kmph.
    2. Was chatting away with my co-passenger. Speed was 130 kmph

maybe it wouldn't have happened if my punto had wider shoes.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I was at ABS motor workshop for some squeaking sound in the passenger side window & i saw two accidental cars parked side by side. One was Indica whereas other one was Punto.

1. Indica:

Photo692.jpg Photo701.jpg Photo709.jpg

It appears that driver must have got hurt very badly. May he survive this tragedy & almighty bless him.

2. Punto:
    Very bad accident. Certainly one of the fierce impacted Punto i have come across in Photos at least.
    Photo748.jpg Photo749.jpg

It looks like the way engine bay is messed up that it's one fierce head on clash & one can bet that driver & co-driver must not have survived. Think again.

Photo718.jpg Photo727.jpg

Cabin inside is ridiculously & astonishingly perfect. Don't think driver would have got a scratch anywhere, forget any harm to the passenger.

Photo728.jpg Photo736.jpg

In-fact windows were still opening & closing with the same thud & voice. They weren't even misaligned. The whole car was covered in MUD. Looks like it rolled quite a lot roadside before it halted. Airbags were deployed.
    Photo745.jpg Photo746.jpg Photo747.jpg

One can see how unlucky or lucky can be these car owners. That Indica didn't have anything challenging as compared to Punto but still it proved very fatal for driver. Sorry i don't want to play any guessing games further as it feels terribly bad.

But once again i bow to FIAT for saving few more innocent lives!!
  7. dijkstra

Swift Accident

Came across this image in Facebook. Seems like a swift car. Weird thing is that there are 653 Likes !.

Mods please move this to appropriate section if required.

MODS NOTE - Kindly spare a minute or two to search for the appropriate thread before posting.

Swift - Accident.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Iast time when i went for the service, i found a smashed linea and surprisingly the interior was perfect as mentioned by ENKI with that punto .No information on the accident.But seriously the car is built like a tank!!!
    sorry for corrupt photos.
    2012-03-31 09.06.311.jpg 2012-03-31 09.06.431.jpg
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Thanks Aju..!!
    Whooo!! That's what i call a Car...!!
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    oh..thats looks like a write off !! where did u see this.. in mohandas ?