1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. SarKV

SarKV Novizio

Zenk, Thank God & FIAT that you are in good shape today. Guys Patchyboy idea is good, let us prepare details of the volunteer city wise and also have a Emergency no. Citywise to help the fellow TFIens. It will be easy to keep in the phone book.

It's worrying that FIAT RSA line is not working that night, how to handle it? after paying for the same and if it is not helping when needed most then FIAT should compensate for the same with an apology.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Am really sadeened to read about this accident and more so about the after deeds of the authorities and non-responsiveness in emergencies.
    Happy to say that i thank Gods grace and FIAT built quality that you are safe.

Very nice idea of creating an emergency contact list. Lets look at the best way to do this. Rajan has a good idea need to see how we can implement on the secured excelsheet!!
  3. Dear Zenk,

I just spoke to Siddarth and Vivek, Just hats off to them for helping you in the middle of the night, i personally know Siddharth he always was ready to go beyond the call of duty in many of my remaps.
    But what these guys did is just terrific , i am not finding words to appreciate.
    7 people like this.
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Whatever it is, the speed kills. So guys even if you are driving in a free road in day time too don't speed.

@zenk, It is good to know you are not hurt heavily too.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat, do say thanks from our side as well to Siddharth and Vivek whenever you meet or talk to him. It was so great to read he was available on critical time.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

I can just imagine how hard it is for you to see your beloved car in this bad shape. It is the FIAT's built quality that saved your life though your T-Jet was total loss.
    Its really difficult to be sober & drive at moderate speed on empty road in a T-jet. I myself over speed many times though I know the ill effects of it but T-jet demands for speed. I hope learning from your experience, I will keep myself under control.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

I'm simply moved and feel disturbed after reading through your post. Even I'm a lone driver almost 90 percent of the time.

Thank God for your safety and for being able to have handled the situation in the most assertive way I can possibly think of at such a state of shock.

Your Jet had been a great companion, she has sacrificed herself to save you. Be glad you took awesome care of her all the while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  8. zenk_888

@Auto Freak, that's a nice way to put it! I am eternally grateful to the car for having saved my life.

- - - Merged Post - - -

At the end of the day we are the ones who press the throttle no matter how "addictive" the car is...I am glad you are wiser after my accident!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ya, I am very grateful to Sid, couldn't have managed without him at that time of crisis!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks @mightymaveryk

- - - Merged Post - - -

Even otherwise, when I changed my air filter, he himself came checked the installation, checked the map again even without me asking him for anything....I have enormous respect for his knowledge on automobiles and has spent quiet a bit in studying in some of the best colleges in Europe, I think in Germany and also working for sometime in US...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Well, most of us are more comfortably placed then the cops in life, and their work conditions are often very severe...so it is understandable if they are like that but that doesn't justify their behavior...at least they could have helped me a bit and then asked for the bribe...and what was surprising was that as soon as I gave them money, they were ready to do everything for me....the toll officials dropped me till a cab....the police asked if I wanted to be dropped till home..etc..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks @SarKV. Regarding RSA, I tried once and it was not working, I think it was just ringing...but when my friend called again, he was able to reach them..I remember once in a remote corner of Kerala one of my very intelligent friends dropped the car key inside the trunk and the car got auto locked. On calling RSA, they sent a mechanic within 15 mins. I was really impressed, it is another matter that he couldn't open the door. I had to call my sales guy from Prerana and he told me how I could use a wire to unlock my doors and guided us to unlock the door!

@bharathj85, thanks for your superb deductive logic. The accident actually happened almost to the end of the flyover, within few seconds I would have gone down the flyover towards Madiwala Police station.

Thanks for the information about Ajith, after you posted here, I checked out the information about him and it is very sad, I am just hoping my good luck continues along with the insurance too!

As far as 2013 T jet is concerned, I have not yet decided, in case I don't get a good second hand T jet, I will have no option but to go for the new one! But I am never buying anything other car from T jet until the concept of Turbo boost gets extinct!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks @Italia-Linea, will keep that in mind

- - - Merged Post - - -

rajks, Thanks for your kind words.

- - - Merged Post - - -

varunrtr, Glad to know that you were also safe! I heard Fiat is the most popular brand even among doctors because they realize how safe it is and that many of the hospitals have corporate tie up's with Fiat. Even I was shocked that it didn't turn turtle especially when it was dragged sideways after hitting the median, it is really planted and stable..

Arkin, Thanks for your understanding and empathy. The pics have been already posted by PatchyBoy in page 51 of this thread..

I would have had no second thoughts to go for the 2013 T jet if it would have come with the new Multi Air engine, but I guess they are just going to make some new cosmetic changes and I have seen the pics, although I loved the rear, didn't like the looks of the front grill....Laura or Jetta TSI is out of my budget and their mileage is too less, people say Laura TSI gives 5 or 6 kmpl in the city!

I really wonder when why Fiat can't release their latest technologies in India when they can release a 1.4 Multi Air engine in Turkey or a Viaggio in China...maybe our markets are not mature enough...

It speaks volumes about Indian market when people say T jet is a "flop" model, which it is, when put purely in terms of revenue!

But driving a car is more than the mileage or features involved, it is about that feeling in the heart when press the throttle in T jet! And only Fiat knows how to build cars like that!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for your brief but useful summary. When I was not able to reach the RSA, I called up Just Dial to get the number of few private tow away trucks and then asked them to come.

Thanks Ganges & Punto_emotion. ramjn, I am very sure that the RSA didn't pick up the call, I was dazed after the incident but not to the extent that I couldn't make out the lack of responsiveness of RSA.

Regarding airbags, I was just questioning their technical proficiency..because I am pretty sure I saw them open and then burst, most probably at the wrong time...what you are saying is absolutely correct, prevention is better than cure, driving with caution is always safe but just in case you are waiting in a traffic signal and a lorry comes and rams into from back like it happened to one of our TFI-ans, then the technology of airbags should activate to keep you safe, which it did, in case of the particular punto but I am not very sure about my car which was what I was wondering.

Thanks for the information on RSA given by car insurance companies, didn't that it existed, will make sure I go for it next year.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The ECU's of one car cannot be swapped with another car even if they are of the same model. The VIN and Chasis number are coded and locked into the ECU so that it will work only with that car. It has to be taken to Fiat to unlock and it and all that jazz.....it is just too much to do. But I would strongly recommend getting a remap from Sid, it just doesn't make logical sense the same kind of settings should be used for every individual when each of them have different driving styles. And it becomes a totally different beast after the remap. I know Hari is not exactly in favor of this but its not that the remap just makes the car fast, if you want more mileage or low end torque or anything else, Sid can customize it for you....and he never compromises on the safety aspect. And I really don't think the remap is to blame for my mishap, I wanted more "juice" from the car, which I got, it is entirely my fault that I choose to enjoy that "juice" on a narrow flyover on that eventful night!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to see your car in such a condition but Happy that you are safe. Thank god and Fiat.
  10. Sid certified by Motec and AEM.