1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

We're all glad to know you're safe. You painstakingly do your beloved car up, and she gets totaled. Being fellow Fiat owners we understand the trauma / pain you must be going through.

26. is a reassuring statement to us all.

I think you have a lesson to learn - irrespective of the time / speeds / distance to be covered see that all 5 pax are belted to their seats - no matter how well built our Fiats are, if one's not buckled up, chances of injury/fatality are much higher.

So what are your plans for the future? Do you plan to go ahead and buy a 2013 T-Jet or probably upgrade to something like a Laura or Jetta TSi?
    Oh and if we aren't asking for too much, some pics of the beauty before the crash would be welcome.

Take care.
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenk_888

zenk_888

Bangalore
    The car never toppled, it swerved and hit the railings and median even at that speed, that is precisely my point. I doubt if any other hatchback or cars like Verna would have held their ground. Agreed, the choice of Hosur road flyover considering its narrowness for over speeding was particularly bad.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very true. The road is narrow, even if its free we should be careful.
  4. zenk_888

zenk_888

Bangalore
    @PatchyBoy I think you did the right thing by posting the pics, no apologies required. I was just not mentally prepared to reveal it to everyone. In fact, I informed parents just yesterday. Whatever you are saying makes sense, I was perturbed with everyone asking me if I was drunk especially since I never drink or smoke, that too on Shivrathri! I had gone to visit the temple in Thiruvanamalai and was returning back when this happened.

You don’t require my persmission to post anything but I just expected you to at least inform Hari and when he told me I was a bit shocked that it is public! Anyways, let byones be bygones!

And you don’t need alcohol to make you do stupid things like this! In fact I feel more foolish!

With everyone’s comments pouring in, I must say I never expected to feel better like this with the kind of moral support I am getting from fellow Fiat-ians. It feels good, thanks everyone.

Count me in for any kind of helpline you guys setup, trust me, it makes a lot of difference to hear a consoling voice during times of crisis even though it may be of strangers!
    6 people like this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its a good idea to have a TFI helpline with volunteers i am up for it guys put forth your opinions and suggestions :anyone
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you are really really lucky n thank all your stars n god, that you walked away after this high speed crash. whats even more surprising is , it didnt turn turtle after this impact, a friend''s alto also lost control once at around 60kph and when he was about to regain the control, the rear bumper hit the divider and the car rolled over and landed on top!!
    I also have been in this situation and seatbelt saved me then also... thankfully police who came after 10 mins helped in the circumstance and were polite to tow away the car also.. at that time also fiat helpline didnt work n there was no tow truck with service center to take it at midnight !! i ve now 100% belief in fiat's built, tank or not, it has saved n continuing to save hundreds of lives !!
    2 people like this.
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Zenk, I am happy that you are safe and it is the most important thing than anything else that had happened on that fateful day. I am sure with time you will come out it, and wish you for smooth ride with respect to insurance and related items.

Echoing my fellow TFIans voice, as a community it is very important for us to help each other at the time during needy situation. Can we take up this momentum and create a framework with which a TFIan can reach a fellow volunteer during on-road emergency?

Do count me in for any such initiative.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Hey zenk_888, i dont want to say anything about the accident. But make sure you dont say anything about the speeds to the insurance guys.
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sending PM with numbers is not going to work. How would other members know of these numbers and specifically know who to call for help in case of an emergency. Logically, it would make more sense to call someone closer to the spot where the member is, rather than calling someone who lives in another corner of the town.

Here is what I propose:

1. Let us create a separate thread, where people who are willing to volunteer can come and enlist themselves.
    2. Let us create a protected spreadsheet, accessible only to signed in members, in which we can store details
    3. Details to be stored may include - Real Name, Forum Handle, Mobile # and approximate geographical location - South Bangalore - for example

Then for the member looking for help, it is only a matter of opening this spreadsheet and calling one of the listed volunteers.

Rajan
    8 people like this.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    zenk i was knew that you were not drunk because if you were drunk then the car would still have been still out of shape and the accident wouldnt have happen in the middle of the flyover instead at the very begining.

Anyways Almighty that you visited that night has saved you in form of a FIAT. Wish you a good luck and hope the insurance process is not that bad as it happened to fellow TFIAN Ajith. Hope you are the first buyer of 2013 TJET.