1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Regarding the BMW accident, the car was not doing 160 kmph. On what basis the eye witnesses talk with such authority on the speeds the car was doing. Just by looking at it! I hope such outlandish claims don't hold up in court.

Honestly, I have no sympathy for these biker's. They are solely responsible for what happens to them on the road. In this case, the bike was about to turn. Neither did they slow down nor did they go round the round about. Clearly, traffic going straight on the road has right of way. The BMW had the right of way here. Both the vehicles are at fault, no doubt about it but the biker is more at fault here. That is the truth. We can get sentimental and emotional about things and claim that the driver be hanged but he doesn't deserve to be. If this wasn't a country that makes you feel guilty for owning a costly car and a place where traffic accidents were investigated without any bias then the biker would be charged with rash & negligent driving not the BMW owner.

Regarding the court case, I doubt the case will go to courts. So what if the driver has been caught. They have the money power and can buy off the familiy's with a few lakhs. Even if he is sent to jail, I have heard that there are some arrangement's that can be made for you to lead a normal life.
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    This snap I took on 7th March at 1500hrs at Ring road, near moti bagh in Delhi. It seems that Dumper was on Delhi Metro job & driver forget to lift down hydrolic jack of loader after unloading & hit on roof over bridge. I believe no one was injured in this funny accident 07032013122.jpg 07032013123.jpg
    4 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This is Hilarious! Tata Tipper prances.

- - - Merged Post - - -

If someone kills someone's loved one like it happened in this case with his bla bla car & put his dead body's pic on his Facebook profile like it's another feather in his hat, not only the killer but his whole family should pay in worst ways possible. Anyone can kill or get killed in an accident, no problem here, doing such in-humane thing (uploading on facebook profile) is out of context. At least I am not sentimental but angry here & not able to understand why victim's father taking all this %^&&*!

Pls Get to know what's the actual problem here rather than just because you have to comment.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just heard that a BNW T-Jet+ crashed on the Elevated Highway, near E-City, Bangalore around 1:00 AM today morning, in the wee hours. Appears that the driver lost control, side swiped the guard rail at high speed. The car then twisted around and the tail hit another guard rail. Air bags deployed, driver walked out the car safe. Car has been towed to Prerana SC at Kudlu Gate. Though the insurance surveyor is yet to see the car, the SC guys have told it is a total write-off, as the chassis is twisted.

Bad luck buddy. Glad you are unhurt, thanks to FIAT's legendary build quailty.

Rajan

PS: I have some pics, but no way of uploading now. Will do so later in the evening.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Rajan, Thats a scary one and good that it wasnt fatal. ECity elevated way is always a scare to drive. Very rare, people stick to the prescribed speed limit of 80. Till couple of years back, used to use this route daily. During noon & evening time, there used to be speed check patrol regularly and loads of vehicles were caught. Are they still doing it?
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A few times I seen the police with the speed gun (near lay-bye) but the people sniffs them from far and reduces the speed; those who don't know it, will be caught. I too was once reduced the speed to 60 after seeing them whereas I was riding around 90 before. I usually stick the lane I follow and not go beyond 90 in that road.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No idea. Been a long time ever since I went there. However, this happened at 1:00 AM. I understand that the driver could not get FIAT Helpline (no response) and even the police did not come to his rescue. I believe the BETL people came there demanding compensation for the 10 yards damaged railing and then the traffic police arrived demanding their cut.

Few car that passed by never bothered to stop. Finally, the T-Jet driver was able to call up one of his friends, who then arranged a tow-truck. Some things never change in India, I guess.

Rajan
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here are the pictures:

T-Jet Crash 1.jpg

T-Jet Crash 2.jpg

T-Jet Crash 3.jpg

Rajan
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like Build Quality Department is winner here.. any japaneese car would have transformed to Hatch back ...
    2 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I feel very bad for that owner. Now i wonder how a good car would have been a victim. Was the driver drunk? felt sleepy? or tyre kaput? breaks kaput? etc.? Only TASS/FASS can tell i guess. Awaiting for the findings.