1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too had a cab provided by my company around 8-9 months back driven by a lad of 18 years old. He was driving pretty fast. While driving in Sarjapur Road flyover I asked him to go slow a bit as it is already 1 AM and the visibility was low in that place at that time (remember the cauvery water pipes laid near the Ibbalur army camp) but he hit a tri-cycle, which was crossing near the HSR layout police station. He may be lucky as the tri-cycle guy pulled his vehicle and ran away. Might be tri-cycle's front wheel would be bent but the cab's ORVM had mild bruises. Don't know where the road safety is going on. In this mean course the court and government thinks that the tinted glass or the sun film of the car is more dangerous than a irresponsible drivers or teenagers driving the car...
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Maverick,
    Yep every thing was done properly and he got back the car in good shape too. That story was like 5 months old. :)

No proper punishment plus on top of that bloddy police go for money over action :(
    Such a sad sad country it is becoming to live in happily, peacefully and prosperly.
  3. Sagar Naik

Sagar Naik Timido

Bantwal,Mangalore,Karnataka
    Bantwal, Mangalore , Karnataka
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Tin Boxes are Dustbin property :evilsmile
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Just saw on twitter and facebook that an Audi R8 Sypder went up in smoke and flames in Mumbai, Worli sea link. Saw the pictures on FB and the vehicle is gutted. Supposedly over-revved and the machine bit back! Stoopid :shocked
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Mind sharing some pics of that Audi Smoked?
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Monday I was in KHT Motors, Bangalore Service Center and saw that the Linea TJet test drive car was damaged in an accident.
    The accident looked major and right front portion is totally damaged. The A pillar is bent inside and windscreen shattered.
    The engine area is also damaged. Looked like someone has hit the car at very high speed to some tree/other big vehicle.
    Upon asking a service personnel came to know that some driver was taking the car for test drive to a customer place and met with accident, also that no one was injured.

While checking the car the question in my mind was why the Air Bag did not open. The person told me that since the airbag sensor was not hit, it did not open.
    I checked and found the airbag sensor (just above the grill at the center) is intact as the impact and the damage was just right to that chip.
    However I am not convinced as does the airbag only opens when the collission is frontal and at center, and airbag sensor should be hit ?
    Also why only one sensor at the center ?

I think the airbag should open in case of frontal collision based on the force of crash as well as the rate at which the car has come to stand still. There may be other factors as well and also more sensors in high end cars.

I dont know what actually happend to that Tjet but it definitely looked like airbags should have opened, and if It requires the Airbag sensor to be hit then I am really scared.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    this is interesting.. Ideally frontal impacts should fire up the air bags and reading about the damage i'm quite sure airbags should have popped out.
    Case of air bag failure?? :confused
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Would depend on the impact angle as well, I guess. Since there is no picture, I am guessing from the post that the impact was probably at an angle to the front right end. That will not be sufficient to set off the front airbags.

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Very good point.

Iit looked like the hit was at an angle from right and half the bumper including inner chasis and portion of engine bay is totally gone including tyre and suspension parts on right. A pillar is totally bent and unrepairable state. Damage was almost till the dashboard and glass pieces all over the dash.

May be the cars with side airbags would have worked and since we have only front it doesn't open when crash is at an angle.