1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. Few days back I was coming back from Madurai, a Nissan sunny(Blue color i think) overtook my car, I was doing 110kmph, that car might be doing 150 kmph, it was having "Live to drive badge" , After 45 minutes we saw the same car had hit a two wheeler on the left most lane and there was huge crowd.

My friend Shashi was praising the Nissan car and its driver's skills, then it was my turn to advice him on safety first approach.Even at the time of buying the car people care least about the Safety otherwise how can a three star Rated Duster can sell 4500 cars a month.I not blaming maruti for the price point they sell Alto it is bound to be no so safe but what about Duster which costs 10-11 lakh?
    Sure it will car of the year 2013 as well.
    -Sat
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    New BMW M5 Totaled on Autobahn Going 186mph

Though not an accident that happened in India, I just thought of sharing it as we also have so many bimmer fans here . It really shows how safe a car could be.

Bimmer.jpg

For more details click here
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday on way to office, I tried a shortcut route that connects GR TechPark from Whitefield bus station. On way, there is a narrow stretch that is really good for off-road travel and there is a apartment construction going on. The truck that carried cement to that building was coming out and that guy actually was reversing and as the road is really in bad condition he was doing slowly and once he came out there was a JCB coming out. I was scolding that guy in mind for coming in rush to the road. I was behind a Ritz and once the JCB guy came out and our traffic was clearing out with JCB on leading from our side of traffic. I still was cursing that guy for the speed he came out from the campus and there were honking sounds started from my back.

I started moving slowly and bang; the shovel arm on the back of the JCB was loose and it hit a Swift on the opposite traffic. The rear door got damaged to the level that it should only be replaced but not repaired. The driver of the car didn't panic and not got hell hair raising angry but he just switched off the engine and got down from the car and checked damage. By mean time, the JCB guy also parked it and the traffic was clearing, I just rushed to office as I had a meeting. Definitely that guy would have shelled out the entire cost of that back door and as the Swift is lucky, the damage is only on the rear right door.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    One of my friend who had stopped his car in silk board traffic around 10 PM, a tavera came right back fast enough without breaks properly applied or the driver was drunk rammed into my friends Swift which was waiting for signal to go green. The back (boot) and till the back door was jammed in heavily beyond repair.

What the cab guy said, sir sorry. I applied breaks but car didnt stop. Now, Why on earth he is speeding around 70 near the traffic signal?
    When asked for repair cost and FIR case and all, he casually answers sir i have only 5K INR, that is all. If you want to go ahead for FIR, i do not care.

So ultimately, my friend had to rely on Insurance and his poket money. Bloddy cab driver went without any pain here except his car damages. I feel sorry for him :( And i feel enraged about these cab folks attitude :firey
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Zen, your friend would have filed an FIR as the cost will be incurred by the third party, the cab's insurer. Your friend done a mistake of letting him off. He would have filed the FIR with reckless driving and the cops will check for the drunk-n-drive using breethalizers. If he is proven drunk, then your friend would have benefited.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats how indian judiciary works..Blame it totally on that !! They are least bothered about their actions not are they guilty about it!! all truck / bus drivers are like that, If the accident didnt cause any harm to the occupant, the other vehicle and driver is let off just by paying some 500 Rs fine for rash n negligent driving. Nobody bothers to go for a case as it ll be going for 4-5 years to get some justice(that too not sure) and getting some 10-20k after 5 years will be of no value for us , we would have paid umpteen times more for running for the case !! Its because of this, their attitude had become like this, they are not afraid of filing an FIR as it guarantees them a time of 4-5 years atleast !! this has also led underage children of poor families taking up driving trucks n autos bravely at very young age ,esp in rural areas !!
    I ve heard that, in other countries, if any accident happens, the licencing authority is also blamed, but here, they are least bothered, they just sign off new licences everyday with some stupid system.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes eventually he did, that is how he could file for insurance amount.
    He wanted to fight there itself for cab drivers carelessness attitude, but he had his wife beside him and he was sourrounded by 10 other cab drivers supporting that asle driver also it was almost 10PM that day hardly people were present at the signal who would really want to support him. So he couldnt take risk further than just taking his contacts and filing a case.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whether he take snaps of the accident? That will actually add up as evidence. My bro-in-law's car (a brand new VW Polo) was hit by a Maruti near Malleshwaram around 9:30 PM in a signal. He pulled that guy to near by police beat and filed the FIR. Even though the cabs are now mandate with the speed governor, they are riding fast.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Recently there was a huge scam unfolded at one of the RTO's in Bangalore where more than 3000 License for commerial vehicles were issued in one shot.. Most of them are for the cab's, private buses and lorry's for those guys are straight out of there village many under 18 yrs and not able to read and write they usually hired by travel companies for cheap renumerations and handling costs