1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    a black punto at 33 sec !!
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good observation:)
    Also see at 3:46 sec the black vehicle looks like a police vehicle itself.

If we see the video repeatedly the most of the accidents happen at the change of lights. Yellow light is most neglected by every one. They won't even weight for green to come. Hurry hurry hurry!

I feel some time the duration of the signal is very less at some places(not referring to video but in general) prompting people take as soon as the red light disappear.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Spot on. Amber is supposed to mean - slow down and stop, the signal is about to turn red.

Here in Bangalore, it has a completely different meaning. Here amber means " Speed up and get across, before the signal turns red". Also, for signals equipped with a count down timer, 10 seconds to go means engage 1st gear, 5 seconds to go means start honking and 3 seconds to go means start moving. Meanwhile, the signal for the moving traffic has turned amber and people are speeding up to beat the signal.

Result - this video :A :A

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    4 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Seriously that is one horrible moment i wish i could just get out and slap all those retarded people. Also the damn 2 wheelers who ride on footpath and a**holes even honk pedestrains walking
    :punch

MODS NOTE - Kindly use emoticons in a more austere manner. Cheers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The two wheelers behave as if they have to fill any gap available in traffic. If we stop it few feet before Zebra crossing they will some how come and park their bike infront of you. Possibly by giving some scratches.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yea this always makes me wanna have a car like in Death Race movie. Then let see if any one dares to kiss my car. :boxer
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is totally against the spirit of entire discussion;)
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is a saying about driving-"If you drive like hell, you will reach there sooner."
    3 people like this.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's not just Bangalore, everywhere in India people feel the same thing about amber signals.

About the signal's with timer's, I do agree with what you said but I also noticed one more peculiar thing. Once these guys start moving they crawl at 20kmph. Same thing with people who jump signals. When it turns amber they zoom at 60kmph cross the red light then start crawling at 20kmph holding up the traffic behind them. I don't understand why the took so much of risk and jumped signal's when they are not in any hurry!
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I think in Pune the RTO is going to installed CCTV on signal. We will get more footage than this in a weeks time after installation for sure.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yea you are right fiatlover.

But, I would like to add some lines in this....
    "if you are drive like hell, you will reach there sooner with other innocent guys too... who are not driving or who are following the rules also."

Strictly everyone has to follow traffic rules when he/she is driving or riding. This will save their as well as others life too...