1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    People want the ABS + AIR BAG sticker on their car. Just to show they have it in their cars. Nobody care for the strength of body. Car makers know this psychology. You will see VDI ABS, MAGNA ABS but you will not see Emotion ABS or Highline ABS.
    11 people like this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Horrible accident that one was, Whatever the car may be I think we shouldn't never fly faster than our guardian angels.

Drive safe guys!
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    You can't believe, I went to Car Decor shop and saw one New Fluidic Verna (1.6 CRDI Top model). Owner already replaced Music system with New ones and JBL Amplifier. He instructed Car Decor to build such a music set up that others from 50 ft distance can hear clearly everything.. :eek:. When they tested the system with Big JBL tube, Car was shivering like :mad:. I touched the body and my hand also started dancing like anything. So, You can think why accidents are increasing in India now a days, this is just a example to invite accident.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. very rightly said...
    1 person likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its a kind of scary ride now a days no matter how careful you are there is no chance at the other end, have a look at this link here How I almost ended up in a car crash in Bangalore - YouTube

Here is a link released by bangalore traffic police : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAqobK0hmss[/URL] Bangalore Police posts accident videos

Safety features like the ABS/Airbags has become cosmetic Add-ons in India,

sometimes i keep thinking if we had an option to have a tank body in our cars (so hard and robust) you can sweep across all the bugs, termites (Lorry,trucks) and cockroaches (auto-rickshaws) that try to scratch or dent you .. :evilsmile
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I don't think so ABS, EBD, Air Bags are cosmetic things. These things works on certain conditions (speed limits).
    That's why for some incidents, these equipment didn't worked out as a safety feature.

There are lots of incidents happened due to other cars or trucks which are not knowing how to drive on high speeds.
    If such cars collides with the car with abs, ebd or air bags suffers as sometime these things didn't worked...

Infact, I have seen a merc c class collided on the express highway turning ramp at pune end.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    yup that is the reason there are several occasions where the airbags didnt deploy at all, some say it is because one has to wear seat belts for it to work and some that only if the car is above 1.5 feet in air it deploys.. these are contrary things. Based on the Indian road conditions no body is expected to cruise at 180-240 KMPH where in other nations its a defacto speed where irrespective of the car you have to choose the lane of your choice and cruise at that speed which is mandatory.. Safety too is mandatory in all models not only for the top models are premium ones.
  8. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    You simply took my words " sungoa". Truly i keep of thinking why can't FIAT like others, put the ABS sticker on its 2012 Dynamic and Emotions model... True, there is no show off...but there is real FIAT performance. You simply cant compare the ABS of i20 and Punto. Punto's ABS is 100 times better than i20's....i recently drove the top model of i20 and thus making this comment.

9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Jokes apart, if you see i20 era which doesn't have all these features has a sticker of 5 star safety features......(its on the rear wind screen)
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why to compare ABS of punto and i20. Even a non ABS punto give more confidence in braking department than any top model of Hyundai car.
    3 people like this.