1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt


Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

  1. Airbag will be deployed even if we dont put the seat belt . I just confirmed this in my car 3 days ago.

    I was waiting @ a red signal . One lorry was in front of me .. Suddenly a tipper lorry came from behind and hit me with great force.Resulted in pushing my car to the lower back of the lorry which was at front of my car . Both the air bags got deployed even though my wife had not put the seat belt. And because of the airbag she was safe . I will post the pics of my car with more details later.

  2. punto_emotion

    punto_emotion Esperto

    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats really sad to know about the incident! But thanks to safety features, that you and your wife are safe! This again highlights the importance of safety features in a car!
  3. Cinju

    Cinju Esperto

    Ajit hope no one was injured. So sad to hear that. How bad is the damage to your car ?
  4. royj

    royj Esperto

    Ouch!! that is bad. So sorry to hear this.
  5. gurjinder

    gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

    So sorry to hear that Ajit.

    But thankfully both of you are fine!
  6. Ajit, I came to know about the incident from Teky. Felt sorry about that. Wish your Punto to be back on road soon.

    Isn't it unsafe, not to wear seat belts in a car with airbags?
  7. Yeah . a very very safe car indeed ... Inside of the car is as fresh as a new car.

    No Cinju no one was inured . It is just beacuse I was travelling in this car . Damage ... :) Will post the pics . The impact was such that the shell of the car got shrunk since it was crushed between 2 heavy lorry.


    Thanks Roy ..

    Thanks Paaji . Yeah really bad incident . But thanking GOD that we both are safe ..


    Forget about airbags soundar .. It is always unsafe to sit in car without wearing seat belt .. The first thing i use to do once i enter car is to wear seat belt . Thta was the case always with me . Now my wife will also do the same ..

    I suggest everyone to do the same .

  8. vijays777

    vijays777 Regolare

    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Ajit, Happy to hear all are safe , Yes its a proven fact that 70% of our life saving is seat belt the rest 30% is the air bag.
  9. J Ravi

    J Ravi Esperto

    OMG. Sorry to hear the unfortunate mishap, Ajit. Thank god, you are all safe.
  10. That is really unfortunate Ajit. I am Happy both are safe. I always have the passenger airbag off, mainly because my Son sometimes refuses to sit on his child seat and want to sit with his Mom in the front. I will not allow her to sit on front without seat belts. But since he sits with her on the front, I don't want to take risk, so i have put the airbag off, hoping the seat belts will help. Now on I have to make her Sit in the rear when ever my son refuses the child seat.

Share This Page