1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

Thanks. My bad memory. But in your case the toppling is due to external hit unlike the linea case where the body is not damaged.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I m shocked to hear that tata cars doesnt come with that...that 3 beams on the roof are on of the most important beams for structural rigidity of roof it should be there in all cars ranging from hatch to suv ! One beam connecting two A pillars, one for B and another for 2 C pillars... all mitsubishi cars have Them n i thought its the same for all cars ! Pity that tata doesnt have them !!

I was also a passenger when a friend of mine toppled an alto !! He was driving very rash and when was trying to overtake a bike from left side, he moved to left and another cycle was going in the left side, my friend cut the steering to right and the car was going zig zag and finally he got it under control, but then, the rear bumper slightly hit the divider and that was enough for the car to topple !! I wasnt wearing seat belt at the back and managed to get out through the window immediately and got other out...luckily no damage to anybody in that, but alto's roof caved in without any damage to any 4 sides !!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am proud to have a FIAT, As you can watch the Mumbai Monsoon Pictures which was held at malshej Ghat by the Mumbai and Pune TFI in 2011. Where you can see the Two Fiatains standing on the top of the Punto.
    I have a Corolla 2011 in Kuwait and i was surprised that the roof of the corolla can be easily pressed which washing...
  5. winimation

winimation Amatore

Once I had hired a Ford Fiesta from Avis Car Rentals in Pune. The driver told me that his company's services were hired by Fiat as some of there test engineers had come from abroad to test the Linea. Punto was not launched during that time. He told me that they were experts in driving the car & use to do dangerous stunts without the car toppling or any signs of body roll. They also made him sit in the car & he had a very scary time as he felt that the car would topple looking at the stunts performed by their engineers.

In the end this is what he told me,
    Driver: Sir Do you know what did they gift me before leaving
    Self: No, What did they gift you?
    Driver: Fiat 500
    Self: (Shocked) . What!!!!
    Driver: Sir, it's a miniature Fiat 500 built to scale
    Self: I had a smile on my face

So I believe Fiat cars are of solid built & really tested well from the safety point of view.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

just saw this one on some facebook page..!! Hope the car was parked without anyone inside it..but chances of that being reality are very less

7. Seriously need a "unlike" button for this incident. Horrible and sad sight.
  8. sungoa2010

Car and truck makers do lot research to make their product safe. But these truck owners/drivers simply spoil those efforts by overloading the trucks. Where is our courts? Are they sleeping? Is it not part of safety. Hundreds of such overloaded trucks are passing daily in front of their eyes and causing death directly or indirectly.
    2 people like this.
  9. Sun ,
    Courts are busy banning the DANGEROUS sun films from the cars .Compared to sun films these over loaded trucks are too small incidents to look into ..

3 people like this.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Drive Safe in the Himalayas:steering

Image Source: Team Bhp
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.