1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Car could only play his part, yet it is being driven. Punto/Linea are impossible to topple until it hits something, period. It will keep skidding on the ground like a ballet dancer, no matter what speed you talk about.
    No reason other than seat-belts if passengers are injured. Car looks hardly damaged at all except some minor dents here n there. If someone can roll it over, it should crank & be on it's way like nothing happened.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Any car can topple if it is taken beyond its limit. I believe the driver might have taken an extremely sharp turn. What we can say is that with same condition a verna could have made a beautiful performance which would have made him qualified for gymnastics in London Olympics over Linea.
    2 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Linea/Punto can't topple, it's crystal clear statement.
    I have tilted the steering "U" @ 130 km/hr & all happened in fraction of a second.
    Learn it the hard way, these are unbelievable cars but so is the truth!!
    I have no idea how this guy achieved this FEAT if it didn't strike anything.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Your experimental proof is superior than my theoretical statement:) I agree with you that in cornering it is far far superior than any other car at least two or more class above it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Linea handles beautifully,no matter what the speedo is at..me still on the hangover after the spirited highway drive with ma beauty,today evening.
    I have driven almost all cars under 12 lakh price tag,but experiencing this special feel for the very first time in ma life,really i dont know how to explain it.
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It can be possible that the driver might have pulled the handbrake. Also it looks like the vehicle has wheel caps not alloys? Is it active variant?
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Those are 15 inch alloys, not wheelcaps
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    wanted to share an interesting piece of information!

i had toppled my punto on 15th aug 2010 wherein it had landed on the roof. After this accident my punto was getting repaired at TASS for next 2 1/2 months. Once when the repair work was going on, i had visited the bodyshop to see whats the status.

Something that the body shop manager told me that day made me proud! He said that to separate the inner part of roof with its outer part it took a whole three days for his men. He said there are three metal plates (known as crossrails) between the outer and inner part of the roof which were very difficult to separate. same with linea.
    He said none of the tata cars have these plates so for those they are able to rip the roof apart in no time!

Have a look at the roof in the below picture to understand what I am talking about:

roof.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    8 people like this.
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Now I remember an accident in which a truck toppled over linea.^^^ this is the reason why the occupants were left unharmed with any serious injuries even though the accident was more on terrible side. proud to own fiat!
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shams, How did the incident happen?