1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidents

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varunrtr, May 30, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    From the number and nature of the injuries he got, it is almost sure that he was not wearing seat belt. Most of the injuries were to the chest, lungs, ribs, neck and thighs. Looks like the actor was violently thrown against the dashboard in the impact. It was early morning and they were driving from Cochin to Coorg, at least 4-5 hours continuous drive before the accident. The accident location has a sharp curve with inclination downwards. It is possible that the driver might have dozed for a microsecond, lost control of the vehicle, and hit the median before he could do anything.
  2. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    just came across this pic in fb,itz an accident tht tuk place somewere in kerala.(it collided with a truck as per the comments in Fb) 574660_10150789095258676_205051538675_9398747_928805101_n.jpg
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    holy... range rover and this is its state?
    OMG. Did the passengers survive?

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I think any sensible driver will/should always wear a seat belt.
    Even today I see a lot of people who refuse to wear belts... ( in city traffic it is not really important but a MUST on highways).

Besides all these, why should the govt make any such rule in the first place( I'm not supporting GOI) . its for the individual to go home safe to his/her family.
    When ever i see a person with injuries because he had not worn belts.. I never pity those guys...
    Its a Common sense that common people lack
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That Range Rover crash in just insane. Ultra high speed crash, by the looks of it.
    x-x-x

Here's a crash of a BRAND NEW F10 M5 , reportedly at 300kmph. Very sad. Such a waste of a masterpiece. The occupant is still alive. A testimonial to the supreme strength of the F10 body and safety features of the M5.

m5accident1.jpg

m5accident4.jpg

m5accident5.jpg

m5accident7.jpg
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Holy cow! But when i am looking at the area where driver exactly sits, i think driver may survive if he had seat belts on. For occupants, no threat but seat belt is a must. Nothing seems to attack the driver with windshield glass still intact. A bolero would be gently combed on it's top half. Gosh!! Range rover is another insanely solidified SUV. Wanted to see a sideways pic of this vehicle & the truck in which it collided.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG!!! Hope the occupants are fine,,,, But i guess the Range rover must be overtaking with confidence and collided on a Face-to-face to the opposite side coming truck...
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That is the problem ..
    Safety bracket on such cars are just so amazing that drivers dare to push the limit.
    (Well even ppl driving 'Altos' do it, come to Mysore Rd and you will see Altos driving like a rally car.
    lol)
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My speed in alto has reduced considerably after moving to Punto. Always keep him in his 'good boy' limits. This is a punto induced effect on my alto. So Punto is doing a social service of spreading awareness of safety:)Cam sure that If those innova owners(non taxi) own a fiat they will never dare to take them out of their limits. Courage comes in two ways. One through complete knowledge and other through ignorance. sadly former is the kind of courage with those rallying altos, innovas etc. The innova tragedy in sham's travelogue is still in mind. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/4076-round-trip-4600-kms-3.html#post87496
    2 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh... You are so so right Sun.
    Where my cruising speeds have almost doubled wrt. my Zen on same roads with exact conditions, I feel so terrified in driving other stuff like swift etc:D. What do i say? I won't dare above 70 km/hr which is a must for 5th gear & one is helpless for otherwise.
    All this security awareness not because of realization that
    "how safe the FIAT's are"
    but because of the realization that
    "how unsafe the other cars are":eek:

@mods: Can we have the option SUPERLIKE, the above post of SUN is just too good for a like button:(
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Enki.
    I apologize for a mistake. The corrected sentence is 'sadly later is the kind of courage with those......'