1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accidental FIAT enthusiasm..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robin, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hello all, after driving my Maruti ZEN for past 9 years I have been looking for a diesel sedan with good fuel economy and reasonable maintenance. So, the obvious choice was a used certified car. I accidently visited one of the certified car dealer in Delhi and saw the Fox Trot Azure Linea 1.3 MJD (waiting for me). Honestly, I never had an idea of Fiat cars and had always been misguided about their service and maintenance. It was a love at first sight for me as the car was simply inviting me and the color was somewhat rare and the car was kept very well. The interiors were good and well maintained. It was pure coincidence that after some hard negotiations for 2 days the guys agreed to my budget as they were really pressed for their targets. I got it on Sep 18, 2014 few weeks after my birthday and It was a 08/2010 model clocked 68K at the time of buy. It is really a fun to drive this car at top speeds and the best part is the steering which gives high confidence. Handling is superb as if I can drive along the dotted lines at the middle of the road along its curves with no mistakes. There are few glitches which I am getting used to. Overall, a good mid size car with reasonable fuel economy and maintenance costs. After all, if you have to enjoy few things you should be ready to pay the price.

I saw the team fiat forum during my online search to know about the car and was impressed by the Fiat enthusiasm. Looking forward to be a member of this enthusiastic FIAT owners.

I already got the FIAT stickers and ordered the pullovers today to get the enthusiasm on going.

I really hope to see something interesting once the group crosses 10k membets.

Best regards
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There you go! Destiny was scripted to be a proud Fiat owner:) Congrats. Happy and Safe motoring. Welcome to TFI

Do post some pics of your beauty
    Robin and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Cheers to you on your 'accidental' discovery of the good stuff (at good prices, including spares and service) in the Indian car baazaar.

Fiats have that feel to them, that sense of intimate connection, like a mirror that reflects back an even better-than-real image of oneself. No? :)

The pre-facelift Linea's a classic of design in our market's history, as is the Punto and now the Avventura, and as were the Palio and of course the great old Fiat 1100.

Anyway, welcome to TFi, do keep active here!

all the best, man
    VIJENDRA SINGH and Robin like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum. The FTA colour is enticing indeed. Good decision, enjoy the ride..!
    Robin likes this.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum. Accident land to you hear now be here...
    Do post some pics

Happy revving!
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not trying to scare you, but @68K kms have you checked the car service history, if so do you know if the timing chain has been changed. If not please make it a priority to change it soon. Read more about timing chain change necessity on forum if you haven't already.
    pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  7. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sounds like you got cool car, lots of people here wanted the linea but it was never available.

My 2004 1.3 multijet is now on 111,000 miles (178,000km) still on the original chain, fiat state it's good for 200,000 miles (320,000km) I have heard stories of them failing prematurely but a main contributing factor seems to be poor maintenance.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Surprising. Here, Fiat has included the timing chain replacement at 60,000 kms for 1.3 MJD (90 hp) in the scheduled maintenance list.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    And also this circular to change timing chain was included after the launch of Linea here. Also the fact that these have been 'not so reliable' after the specified interval. There have been many instances, a few also mentioned on TFI. This week another case reported on Palio MJD 75bhp too.
  10. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You wouldn't change a cam belt that early :0

Not sure why but maybe they used a substandard chain in the Indian cars ??
    prabhjot likes this.