1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accident Pic

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gauravp, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sometimes ppl do go at high speeds owing to an emergency , but are often misunderstood to be speed demons @#$3^%.

Every situation is nt same ...

My experience - an alto fellow driving vry rashly and later , continuosly honking at red light , irritating everyone at the signal . later saw that he was taking a pregnant women to the hospital ....

So guys pls dont restore to harsh language ... A personal appeal ... Evryone learns frm the mistakes of lyf ...

Dlp
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right, if he was driving any japanese car he would have got a lesson :boxer , but he was saved by the Italian car, and if he is drunk then no use he will repeat the same mistake again, Pity on the LINEA :cry:
  3. Have been driving only Fiats all the while and I am a die hard fan of fiat cars. However life is more important than the car itself. Please don't flame the reckless driver. He should by now learnt his lesson through this accident. Just my 2 cents.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can anyone in Pune get the latest news from the driver of this LINEA, how is he and how he feels, is he really sorry for the mistake he had made, what is his next step towards the car. ::O
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had seen Ford fiesta toppled for 3 times. Crossed the divider.

It was Linea . So passengers survived. Otherwise it could be :devil
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    if that guy was drunk den seriously no use as tony said he'll surely repeat the same thing. I am wondering that what his speed could be in that patch that LINEA get turtled :shock: :eek: !! & that deep impact on left side rear is like sum1 rammed into him from left side...impact is like something with approx speed of 50km/h!!...cant see LINEA in this kinda bad condition! guys pls DON'T DRINK & DRIVE!!
  7. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    Saw this one at TAFE, coimbatore while I went to the body shop

Also this looked like a relatively new car that hasn't done much km. looks like the car rolled multiple times. Felt very sad for the car and the driver.
    The service person said that they are still waiting to hear from the insurance whether to start work/ total the car

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @gautham, as per pics car is emo pk. Did u check out airbags were out or not??....damn collision must be pretty horrible!! whole car is smashed from all sides! :shocked ...people who were travelling in it r safe??
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    [attachment=2:35ynb4ma]Accident1.jpg[/attachment:35ynb4ma]
    Folks, Yesterday 3 of my friends were travelling in a relative new Ford Figo (3-4 months old) met up with an accident on the way back from Delhi near behror.
    Figo was on left lane (now its only 2 lanes or single lane as road works is being carried out to widen the road at many places.
    The Lorry was on the right side of the lane (Idiots doesnt understand its for overtaking or fast lane !! :hit :A )

Figo started moving ahead at around 55-60kmph, suddenly the lorry turned towards Right hitting the Figo on the back door on driver side >> This made the car to take a sharp right turn and came directly in front of the lorry now and was dragged for about 200-300 Meters before turinng into a complete halt !! :shocked

All 3 occupants remmbered everyone in thier family and friends for that 30-50 seconds of drag !! :uh

My friend driving the Figo was shell shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked & the front & back passenger were yet to come to terms that a huge lorry is Ploughing the car & they thought any moment the car would topple and come under the Lorry and get crushed.

What saved them ? Their Luck? or Lorry Drivers action to slow down or their Guardian Angles trying to keep the car steady??

God Knows, however they were just lucky :confused1

The road side assistance from Ford would have dispatched a tow van from Jaipur, but as the distance was more than 150 odd kms, our boys called a local help and towed the car and the occupants to Jpr and paid some Rs 6.5k

Now the damages to the machine is as below : It was midnight 12.00 when the tow van arrived and initial reports is as below :
    the Steering is dead --> Rock Solid --> or simply Jammed
    The Front Wheels -->> No Control moving left n right on its own accord with any steering control--> Looks like its broken

Drivers side Door(s) are damaged and Driver side door in particular has deep hole of 1 inch as thought something pierced it
    Driver side Window smashed, however the rare view mirror is undamaged
    Driver side front indicator (Near the door and blow rare view mirror) is damaged
    Due to towing, the Front Bumper has developed some uneven surface and a depression (Some thing like a round hole on the bonnet just above the Ford Logo)

Rest of the car looks ok and I estimate a spend of Rs45-60k

Picture and idea on the collision as described by our friends :
    Legends :
    Red Triangle - Lorry
    Solid Green Arrow - Car
    Red Star - Collision

Accident1.jpg

figo1.jpg

figo3.jpg
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    What the hell truck driver was thinking? Or was it that your friends tried to switch the lane without checking out rear, car turning right and coming in front of truck shows that the front was already on right side when the truck pushed it from rear right it was easy for car to turn full right. Otherwise if truck would have gone ahead and pushed on rear with truck moving left, there are more chances of FIGO going to left most lane before turning right.

Anyway, its good to know that your friends are safe, thats what matter at the end of day :)
    To err is human :)