1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accident on 2-Oct

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Thanks Zen, i am happy that you are emphatic with me. I will write about Dash cam, when things settles down for me.
    I precisely brought the Dash cam to safeguard me against mob,when ever there is accident, bigger vehicle is always at fault unless one has convincing evidence.
    It may or may not be helpful all the time.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry to butt in, but I believe that no matter who caused the accident, the cost payable to the other party is limited to about Rs. 10,000/- only.

There was an accident in my colony about 2 months back when a truck rammed into a stationery Honda Civic at 6.30 AM. The whole back portion of the Civic was damaged including side glasses, back glass, both the doors, dickey etc. The the driver were traced by the police & the truck owner came to the owner to settle the matters. He only offered Rs. 25,000/- as settlement whereas the tentative bill was Rs. 3,00,000/-. On being informed that the car owner wanted to pursue the case in court, he nonchalantly started to walk away saying that he can do whatever he wants as the truck if seized by the police would be out in a few days and then also he would have to pay only Rs. 10,000/- as damages in the court.

Talk about the law.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Sorry to see this Sat.When our precious things are damaged due to others mistakes it feels bad.These indian bikers wont learn from their mistakes.When someone makes a mistake they should accept it & not apologise to you saying its your mistake.Let us hope that he gets caught by Police & your damages to ur car is paid by that biker & your car will be like a new car again.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Sorry to see that Sat..... You know these things happen.. So be calm and pursue the process. Hope all gets fine asap.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nareshov

Sorry to hear this Sat.

I was hit by a two wheeler yesterday at around the same time somewhere in Tilak Nagar.

Sorry to hijack your thread for a bit:
    The (left) handlebar, his crash-protector, and footrest managed to put three dents on different parts of the car (both doors on the right and the running board under the front one). Knowing that area, I parked my car off at the side, and helped him pick his luggage (huge albums stacked up between him and the handlebar) up. Asked him if he was injured, discussed about the sequence of the "accident" a bit and made it clear that I won't pay him a dime. His front headlights were cracked and his crash-protector was bent. I think I was lucky to have not been surrounded by auto drivers and other jaywalkers wanting to encash on the "it's the bigger vehicle's fault, so let's extort him".

Left the car at Bangalore Motor Works for body repairs and polishing leaving me ~10k rs. poorer.

[This incident reminded me of my first candidate when looking for my own first car after a "stationary" incident with a truck at a traffic signal on my dad's car. I wanted a car that would take hits and not cost me a bomb. The Bolero (naive assumptions were made) was my first choice! While I don't regret ending up with a Linea, I wish I did consider something like a Bolero more seriously (Shocking, I know. But having spent nearly 20k+ on body repairs because of city traffic it pains me to say this and makes me doubt my choice of having bought a tourer and not having toured enough yet while it soaks up body damages due to man and pothole both alike) /rant]
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Oh. That's bad to see the damage, Sat. Try to settle this as soon as possible and bring the car back to shape.
    1 person likes this.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

i can feel the agony.just move away from the thought and restore your beloved.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Sorry to see your car being damaged due to someone else's fault. I know it hurts a lot to see your daily ride bruised, I think you should get over it ASAP and move on. I hope you are planning to take it to the FASS and get an estimate about the damage to the pocket.

Not supporting the biker here, but we often tend to overlook the other person's reason for fast flight. If this was an deliberate attempt to save his skin, then the biker needs to be punished or else a good rebuke/reprimand is good enough for the moment. This does not stop the biker from acting smart next time though.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Thanks to all for kind words and empathy, I feel like in a family rather than open forum.

Yesterday Some one introducing himself as the brother of the Biker called me(truecaller displayed different last names for both), he was apologizing for his brothers behavior of switching off the phone while he had initially told he would pay money without me asking.
    Once he told that i said, I told your brother that "let us go to garage and pay only 50% of the cost." To which he agreed but changed his colors after an hour.

He told me he works in software industry and his brother is medical student with out any bike or DL, he was riding his friends bike and rammed into the car.
    Now his friend is also in trouble!!
    To my surprise this guy was telling me,to with draw the complaint, told him to meet me in police station on Saturday.

I put forward a question to him, "I have a housing loan to pay and have to feed three hungry people at home, how can I be taking up the cost of such repairs often ?
    Why should I be the sucker all the time"

"As a student your brother doesn't have any of my problems but doesn't understand the consequence of his actions,Why this incident shouldn't be a lesson to be taught ? "

Any way he was very defensive and polite, I gave him the phone number of the Kengeri police station. Now i have to meet him at police station tomorrow.

I will be withdrawing the complaint.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    6 people like this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good move Sat. :up