1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accident at Eastern Express Highway

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by mhitesh, Oct 7, 2013.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    ohh this is really bad news. Weekend was not good. Good that you guys are safe. E-Way has become very deadly.
  2. Please don't buy their line of thought. Every tom, dic and harry will be able find out your car has a replaced bonnet.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks, but now a surveryor has already been appotinted by Bajaj Allianz. Can I still ask them to get the dents removed and paint the same.
  4. Yes.it should be possible. Ass will always take rasy route.
    Ask your SA ,if he can give the sealent like the factory fitted bonnet. You will know the answer.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I just spoke with the guys at Balaji, and they said that there will not be differences in quality of the Bonnet, however a technically sound person should be able to recognize that the bonnet has been replaced.

He further added that the factory finish of a paint job is different than the paint done at the workshop
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ its not about quality of paint. if you look at the edges of the bonnet from inside (this is valid for doors too), there is a transparent rubber like sealant. This is there only on factory parts and not on the ones changed at SC. Hence this is used by used car buyers to find out if doors/bonnet etc have been replaced or not.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Absolutely correct and looking at the paint booth which Balaji has at its workshop, any non technical person looking at the finished product would also realize that its a painted bonnet. Did the Surveyor come to the final cost conclusion - how much would you bear and how much will be borne by the Insurance? Also did Balaji give an estimate by when would then complete the repairs? Who is the SA handling your case? I am visiting Balaji today after office, will try to check out if I have some spare time.
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The surveyor hasn't visited Balaji yet. The total cost will be around 25K, and the breakup hasn't been shared till now. They said it will take 4-5 days to complete the repairs.

I spoke with Babloo and Diwakar, however I think it is Babloo who is handling the case. I was planning to visit Balaji but the bodyshop closes at 6.

I am in a fix now, I am not able to decide this further.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Mitesh,

Can you update on the repairs of your Punto? How much did it cost totally and what was your contribution? How was the workshop & Insurer experience?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

When I visited the bodyshop at Ramkay, they proved me wrong by showing couple of new panels. Yes, the panels come without the sealant, but the ASS are intended to seal it, Ramkay atleast does that and I could not see any difference at the edges between a factory fit panel and a replacement. The bodyshop manager too confirmed the same, and that the sealant is applied at their end. He did mention that few other manufacturers like Hyundai and Maruti do not provide sealants at ASS level for new panels. Not sure about that part though.