1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accessories for my new Fiat Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by confusedintelligence, Oct 5, 2014.

1. confusedintelligence

confusedintelligence Timido

Lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi all,

I recently bought a Fiat Punto Evo and since my wife will also be doing a lot of city driving, I am worried as to how she is going to manage in a bumper to bumper traffic. I got side and bumper rubber beading but I doubt if that's enough. I was thinking about putting up a grill guard front and rear. I know it might kill the awesomeness of the car but I guess i'll take the chances. I dont want any dent anywhere in my beauty. Besides I want a proper black grill which can give it a Avventura look (if that's possible :)). Please suggest. Also are there proper careers available or how a roof rail will look on my pearl white car??
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats for your ride. My sincere request, don't spoil beauty by adding crash guards. Understand your concern but since car is made to be on road, some brushings are expected. Just chill and enjoy ride to fullest.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    +1 to Mangesh. In fact the crash guards add an element of hazard in case of an impact. We all want to see no scratches on tour precious Punto's but there is no fool proof arrangement which will prevent it. The black grills are doable and painting or vinyl wrapping would help here. Again the carrier on the roof of Punto will make it look slightly odd but if there is a genuine need, then you can get one at an accessory shop.
    confusedintelligence likes this.
  4. confusedintelligence

Lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Well I agree with the point that it surely will kill the looks. Whether it will add a hazard quotient or not I am not sure. But the way the city traffic is turning now a days, I felt crash guards will give protection from potential minor crashes. In a mazor crash I am assured of the solid built of my Evo. Regarding careers /roof rails I saw in some pics that they have horizontal rods unlike the normal wagon R kinds. To me it looked cool (at least in the pics). I will stay away from the guards if it is hazardous, looks I can live with.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi man, and congrats to you and your wife on what is the most stylishly solid hatchback! :) Hope you'll post about your new Evo, its dealer etc, soon.

Now: DO NOT add a front crash guard. Most Punto and Linea owners here will agree with me when I say: it is forbidden on these very beauteous cars! :)

Scratches and bumps are inevitable in traffic, and you're better off investing in DIY touchup paints etc, or getting regular touching up done at FASS. Bull bars will not make your wife any safer, and can be very dangerous to pedestrians, cyclists, mobike/scooter-walas, and the rear bumper of the guy ahead of you. :)

Carriers are fine for the utility, just be sure to get a higher quality, branded one, rather than the jugaad-type 'local' ones that many taxi guys use.

cheers
  6. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Congratulation friend don't warry about evo man
    Dont kill look. I dont know traffic at your city
    But say to bhabhiji drive carfully.
    And dont wary about traffic. In our ahmedabad
    When lady drive car, We keep distance.

Coz pilot drive car
    Again congrats for world best car purchase.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your punto evo. Its a killer beauty.

As all have already mentioned, adding grill would spoil the looks of the gorgeous lady.

If you spend some Vitamin M, try putting the 3M paint protector film on some areas where you feel would be vulnerable. This can surely protect from deep scratches.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rubber bidding should help some side scratching, can you post picture please?
    Regarding from guard, better to leave it as it is, there could be some impact on bumper and you can get it fixed easily, even bumper cost itself might be cheaper than putting grill.
    For these things wait for few weeks, I am sure few of Avventura's parts can be fitted in EVO directly.
  9. confusedintelligence

Lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3

As requested :) (I hope this quote thing works ;))

DSC06443.JPG

DSC06390.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2014 ---
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @confusedintelligence ,

I hope you have removed the ribbons. If no do so as they tend to leave the mark on the bonnet. Since you asked for the accessories options, I would say opt for front fog lamps, the bumper looks bare without these lamps. They will add a character to the car too.