1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Accessing Team Fiat on Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Oct 12, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear All,

While we were upgrading forum software and design we were keen on making the entire forum experience completely mobile and tablet friendly. Given that almost half of the forum traffic comes from mobile devices this was an absolute must. We wanted the mobile friendly experience not only for the home page and the main forum but also for our other sections like Shop, Gallery and Reviews.

We did explore having a dedicated app for TFI but realised that the app restrics users to the forum only and does not let them enjoy the complete site experience. Our aim was to make the mobile site look exactly the same as the desktop site.

Since the launch we have been continuously testing the mobile interface and we are happy to announce that TFI is now almost 100% mobile friendly. You can browse the site through any mobile or tablet browser (it does look pretty darn sweet on an iPad!) and you will have the exact same experience as you have on your desktop. The site works great on all browsers : Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer. This is what you can do from your mobile device

1. Register / Sign Up to the forum
    2. View all the content on the home page and forum in a nice fluid layout that adjusts itself based on the screen size of your device and the orientation.
    3. Login, create new threads, post replies etc. In short everything that you normally do
    4. Upload images to a post (one image at a time. Multiple image upload is not supported yet)
    5. When uploading images from mobile / tablet : if you have Dropbox or Google Drive configured on your device you can directly upload images from there. You can also upload images from the main image folder of your device (name of folder depends on your device and mobile operating system)
    6. You can buy TFI merchandise from your mobile :) (Our payment gateway is 100% mobile friendly too!)
    7. Access the photo gallery and reviews section. Post / upload content there
    In a nutshell : what you see on a desktop is what you get on a Mobile / Tablet :) Gone are the days of standard mobile templates bundled with the forum software that offer little functionality. We have coded this from scratch to offer you a smooth and friendly mobile browsing experience.

Some screen shots below (These have been taken on a HTC One M8 running Android 4.4.3 and Google Chrome browser)

Homepage (tap on those white dots to scroll through the tiles)

Hot Threads & Travelogues on Homepage

Merchandise & Articles Listing on Homepage

Meets & PDI Checklist section on homepage

Just tap on the content placeholder tab to access other sections viz. Reviews, Gallery & Shop. The FORUM stays as a main tab

The Main Forum

The Reviews Section

Photogallery continued...

Our Merchandise Section :)

Keychains ... buy directly from your mobile :)

Our smashing new Sticker Set ... buy directly from your mobile :)

Accessing Team Fiat from Taptalk App:

Now in case you do not want to access the site through the mobile browser you still have the option of accessing the forum only from Tapatalk App.

You can download Tapatalk for iOS, Android and Windows Mobiles.

1. Tapatalk on iOS : Download Link
    2. Tapatalk on Android : Download Link
    3. Tapatalk on Windows Mobile : Download Link
    Once you download and install Tapatalk just type teamfiat.com in the search window

After hitting enter you will see the link to accessing TFI through Tapatalk(Ignore the logo distortion. We are setting it right)

Just tap on the logo and you will be able to access the forum:

Subsections in a forum

Threads in a forum

You can either browse the forum as a guest or login using forum ID and post as a regular member.

We hope all of you enjoy the mobile experience of the forum. Feel free to post any queries that you have or any bugs that you find.

2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have been using Tapatalk to access TFI on both android as well as iOS. The experience is great on both platforms.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    After latest upgrade, I have almost stopped using Tapatalk. With browser, apart from having all sections access, the experience is similar to laptop/desktop.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Accessing mobile website is great experience with new version. I have uninstalled tapatalk and using mobile site version now a days. :)
    CountRock and rishike007 like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mobile site looks good
  6. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    congratulations.. Many thanks to admin and team.
  7. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Linea 1.3
    I am also accessing our forum mostly on my Android mobile. I am impressed by mobile experience of our forum. I use Google Chrome and I can say 100‰ desktop experience in my handset. Kudos to the team. The difference is felt when I browse other not fully mobile friendly forums
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Ravi and amogh like this.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you :) Such words are source of encouragement for us. Do post in this thread if you face any glitches while accessing the forum through mobile.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    very nice to use the forum using Tapatalk.
    Shall check the mobile version of the site too and update :)
    amogh likes this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Have been using Tapatalk to access TFI till now. The mobile version is really nice. No longer wait for the images to load up. Have created a desktop shortcut through Chrome. Who says there is no dedicated TFI app :)

Ravi and amogh like this.