1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

accelerator response lag..

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayadev, May 13, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks chaos.

even though i am not convinced but confidence in your words are truly inspirational.

let me try it and see..
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Would this also work in Linea ?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am having this lag isssue recently, especially in b2b slow moving tarffic. I experience it only in the 1st and 2nd gear. It is a little risky sometimes, when you don't get the response from the engine, you tend to press the accelerator more, result is a sudden rush forward.

Let me try the solution that chaos suggested. As Chaos said, this may be due to my recent change in driving style.
    After the petrol price hike, I have changed my driving style to "get more out of less". I rarely rev more than 2500 rpm. Money matters, and what you pay per litre matters too! :)
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

It does. Considering the engine parts are similar..
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i can GIve a flag up to you .. cuz i feel the same way too ..
    Reason -- when sumtimes my nephew drives my punto 1.3 MJD and then just after that i can feel the change in How accel responses to my foot .. it's feels like tat SUm nitrous has been turned on os sumthing :clap
    tat time only gear box feels lagging . . . Rest is amazing Drive with cornering here nd there with maintaining speed ( punto is awesome at turns ) :cool:
    whn in mood i've tried Drifting with my baby .. and i must say response is gud so far .. dynamics help i gotta say :steering:steering
    but whn i drive regularly it feels like a Elephant is walking on road --- Just heavy:roll:
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    thats well explained.the ECU takes ur driving style and adjust to it.If u want to reset the ECU u can remove the battery for some time and reconnect thus resetting the ECU and then teach the ECU ur new driving style.I do the same in my santro CNG since the driving style is different in CNG and petrol.After driving with CNG for long time u get jerks in petrol so remedy is reset the ECU.I feel lag some times in the first gear only but recently driving to loanavala i felt lag while driving uphill.

7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry Chaos

The method you are suggesting is for old generation Diesel engine having Bosch Pump.
    This trick is used by State Transport Bus drivers to get proper acceleration. We were using this trick on Premier Padmini 137 D

If after clocking some thousand km Multijet is behaving like non-sense then
    what is differance between Multijet & old generation Pump Technology.?

I am also facing this problem since last 40000 KM. But no one could solve this problem.
    I tried by cleaning fuel tank for 3-4 times. After cleaning all fuel supply system this particular lag vanishes.
    But again it appears after using 80-100 KM.

I own M Dzire VDi also. In 150000 KM use of my M Dzire, I never needed to teach lession to ECU of my Dzire as mentioned by Chaos. I never needed to clean fuel tank of my Dzire like my FIAT

Whereas all are facing same problem then I think there is some bug in ECU Firmware of Multijet.

I accept that Multijet is refined than DDiS. But Iam sorry to state that FIAT has lost peppiness due to over refinement of Multijet as compared to DDiS.

In M Swift there is no effect on engine performanace even we put bad fuel in it.
    In Swift only NVH level are increased if there is bad fuel. Drivability remains still good.

But in Multijet, if we put bad fuel then engine performance is so badly affected that everytime I plan to sell out my Multijet.

I think we should demand to FIAT to make changes in ECU firmware of GP Multijet to solve this problem.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^^^ not everybody has that kind of problem IMO .. atleast i don't