1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ac problems

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RAJ, Jun 10, 2012.

1. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Hi Aniket. Did Balaji replaced it under warranty? My Linea is also waiting at Balaji. I find Balaji auto is reluctant replacing the coil under warranty as it involves lot of labour and FIAT may not be reimbusring them at the rate they want.
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    In my car, the driver side cooling effect, when compared to the passenger side, is very less. So much so that, while the passenger is shivering, I'll be sweating it out!
    On enquiring with FASS, I was assured that all Fiats suffer from this complaint. They checked the temperature at the vents (11°C-13°C) and assured me that all is well. But my experience in a couple of my friends' cars speaks otherwise. I am forced to reduce the blower speed/ increase the temperature in their cars after a few minutes with AC on; the cooling is that effective! In my car, though the air is cold near the vent, the blower (set at 2) lacks the steam to dispel the air till me. Any increase in the blower speed results in a corresponding decrease in chillness, rendering the AC pointless.
    Also, since a few days, the dip in performance when the AC is turned on is pretty pronounced. Earlier there was a very negligible drop, but now the car feels choked as soon as the switch is pressed. But after a few minutes (maybe I get used to the drop) everything seems OK.
    What could be the issue?
    Mine is a '09 Punto Emotion. A few months back I had the AC gas refilled at a local AC repair shop. As per his observation, the gas was almost empty. But he said there was no leakage.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    How is he stating this. It's self-contradicting. There is a possibility that he has not done thorough checkup or leak teasting. Find another AC expert. AC Filter should be paper type. I keep repeating this to everyone I meet, the evaporator develops fault due to wrong filter type provided earlier by Fiat and AC goes kaput. Make sure the right type of gas is filled with right pressure.
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    To be more specific, he said that the 'O' ring hasn't perished and there isn't any leakage. I cross verified his statement with the FASS and they too said that there isn't any leakage.
    Neither of them, though, checked this using a dye.
    Pardon my ignorance, but is the AC filter you are referring to the same as pollen filter?
    How do I verify if the right gas has been filled at the right pressure? I always wondered though as to why a local ACwallah charges Rs.500/- for AC gas filling whereas the FASS charges around Rs.1500/-.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Fiat Punto Bill 19 04 14.jpg Before two days replaced A/C blower motor which is Not operate when ac switch on. Also new Resistor, FASS manager ask me that it was not pass power to blower.
    Blower replaced in EX. warranty and paid for Resistor.
    Now all things are fine.;)
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My first reaction was 2254 Rs. for a resistor :eek:

Upon some research I found it to be the resistor used for controlling the blower fan speed. Manual speed control resistor is 700 Rs., automatic AC speed controller resistor is 2254 Rs. Sad to see the stone age technology (resistor) being used even today for motor speed control. Compare the old resistance box type fan speed regulator with the "khat-khat" rotating knob we had in our homes few years back to the small sleek fan speed regulators we use today. Electronic speed control is much more energy efficient, space efficient and elegant. Time to start using electronic speed regulator Fiat!
    1 person likes this.