1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ac problems

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RAJ, Jun 10, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Guys - Have dropped the car at TAFE Reach, Chennai as the car's AC wasn't cooling effectively. Also notice hissing sound occasionally coming - SA told me that it's the "O" Ring which has gone kaput. My car is 2+ years old now and hence will be charged for the O rings and gas replacement. Any idea if this is covered under EW - according to the SC cooling coil is covered but not O Rings.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Hey Guys,

My Punto's AC has stopped working. Did the regular checkup from the local mechanic here... No leakages in the pipes in Engine bay... He said Cooling Coil has gone Kaput...

Talked to Dhruvil Auto - it is the only Authorized FASS here in Ahmedabad.

And guess what? as expected... They dont have Cooling Coil in stock...

Imagine 44 'C here in Ahmedabad and AC doesn't work in my car...

BTW, Anyone can help me with this?

Do you guys know that does cooling coil can be covered under extended warranty? if anyone has done so, can you provide me with the soft copies of the papers which i can put as a proof that someone else has got it done under extended warranty and so should I get the one replaced under extended warranty...

Thanks in Advance guys...

Neel.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Neel,

My friends cooling coil had gone kaput and was changed in EW here in Chennai FASS RDC Motors. They will charge you only for the gas.

But it may take 1 or 2 days to get ur car back. Pls carry a copy of the EW while visiting FASS. If they dont provide you the EW do contact me.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks a ton Bharath for the help extended by you.

Kindly pm me your contact details for ready reference if situation demands...

Thanks...

Neel
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My recent observation on AC:

I always feel that my Car AC never gives any problem.
    But recently I have noticed that AC work better in night than Sunny day. What I feel is the front wind screen is the culprit. This screen is so big that it transfer a lot of sunlight inside.
    The glass getting heat easily and does not cool fast.

I have recently traveled in on of the other brand car, i notice that the front windscreen is not that hot in that car in the similar sunny day.

Has anybody notice the same..
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Yes that's true. I noticed this soon after I bought the punto epack way back in 2009. The evaporator had to be changed due to gas leak. I was pretty lucky to get it replaced under extended warranty. Now the AC is working fine but as you mentioned, the car heats up fast due to the large front windshield.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the evaporator??
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    inside cooling unit..

am also looking for replacement of windshield with heat resistant one. The windshield cracked while returning from Bangalore due to a small pebble hitting the screen which developed a crack and is expanding.

Spoke to Windshield experts. Shall decide on speaking to them in person.
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  9. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad
    Dear Neel,
    Apart from Dhruvil Fiat, Bhaskara Fiat is also there in Ellisbridge area, so you can try for the coil there also.
  10. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am not sure if Bhaskara Fiat has started service centre. When i called them up last month, they said it would take a couple of months to get their SC ready. But am surprised that Dhruvil doest have the parts, especially after the new DMS in place and Fiat making claims that parts will be delivered in 24hrs to major cities.