1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ac problems

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RAJ, Jun 10, 2012.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    O ring thing is a recurring problem with FIAT. I have already got my TJet's O rings replaced twice. Now its going to be in extended warranty from November onwards.

Why can't FIAT do anything about it ?
  2. joinakhil

joinakhil

New Delhi
    I had similar issues with my Punto MJD. I bought it in July'09. Since 2010 summers I started feeling that the AC (manual) was tripping on/off very frequently. I noticed this issue only at higher outside temperatures (40 degree +). At high temperature when you need AC the most, it would trip off every 10 seconds for around 20-30 seconds. I used to sweat with AC set at coolest settings at all fan speeds.

I reported this issue so many times (atleast 6-7 times) at different FASC and Tata-Fiat Service stations BUT none of them were able to resolve it. Most of the time either they didn't agree there was a problem or they said that they have topped up the gas, fixed the leakage etc. The funniest one was when one of the adviser told me that it happens in diesel cars and that since I accelerate it happens. Wow, a good advise not to accelerate the car :).

I faced this issue till 2012 summers and it was frustrating to find that none of the service centers were able to diagnose and fix that issue. Every-time I took my car back from them, the issue reappeared the very next day. I filed multiple complaints to Fiat Customer Care and CEOs desk but all in vain. They always coordinated the meeting with the service center and those guys were never able to diagnose and fix the issue. Finally I decided to get my car for AC system cleaning. I got the following things done :-

1. Compressor oil replacement after cleaning
    2. Radiator and Condenser cleaned up.
    3. The Condenser filter replacement.

The problem in my case was that the condenser was all choked up. It was all dirt black from inside and the filter was very dirty. This was the reason of heating up the AC system causing it to trip off quite often at high temperatures. After getting this done, I didn't face the AC issue and it chills up very fast now.

One thing I learnt - The Service center guys just do superficial things, they don't bother to go to internals and see the problem. Had they checked the condenser once, they would have easily found that it was the culprit. They never bothered to clean up/service the AC system though I left the car at least 6-7 times only for this issue.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I do not think its a recurring problem, its more to do with TASS putting used/defective O-rings rather than brand new ones. Most times TASS may not have O-rings and in that case they put defective ones
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I too getting probs with my AC .Its not cooling much an hissss noise from vents.On hearing he TASS guy told me the prob is gas leak and coil has to be changed.My car is 2009 year model and done 66500 kms.its under EW.
    Lets see what could be the issue as appointments are available only after Diwali.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. joinakhil

joinakhil

New Delhi
    @varin11
    If it is a hissss noise then its more likely to do with the gas leakage.
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I just faced the same problem mate. Thankfully I still had a week of warranty left.

My car has done only 43800kms, they have replaced the cooling coil and I should be getting the car back today.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
  8. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    Hi guys
    I have ac problem in my linea. Ac works fine till 60km/h beyond this speed ac compressor trips. Ac compressor has also become noisy Surveyor says ac is fine its just noisy and fiat doesn't approve claims for noisy compressor. Let the compressor die completely than claim. He never took test drive just revved the engine and said it is working normal.
    Pls tell to whom should I escalate this issue in fiat.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Re: Fiat India - Contact List

Please do not post issues in this thread.

Mods please seperate this post to relevant thread or new thread.

Please email to service email address

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

Originally Posted by S.K
    Hi guys
    I have ac problem in my linea. Ac works fine till 60km/h beyond this speed ac compressor trips. Ac compressor has also become noisy Surveyor says ac is fine its just noisy and fiat doesn't approve claims for noisy compressor. Let the compressor die completely than claim. He never took test drive just revved the engine and said it is working normal.
    Pls tell to whom should I escalate this issue in fiat.

Same thing happen with me when i told check compressor they were like its normal sir some car compressor create more sound :confused: and by around my 4 th 60,ooo kms service i again asked them to check but nothing and just after 2 weeks AC stopped working ,gAS LEAKED FROM aC COMPRESSOR BECAUSE compressor BEARING gone.. it took around 2 weeks to replace ac compressor and to approve for extended warranty , Extended warranty is really pain , and upon that around 4 new compressor they order was by default faulty , when they ordered 5th time, that time correct working compressor came :punch
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012