1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ac problems

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RAJ, Jun 10, 2012.

1. RAJ

RAJ Timido

COIMBATORE
    I am having problems with my punto 90hp June 2011, DMZ. The AC is not cooling properly and the cabin temperatures is too high.

The compressor is running but no cooling, took it to concord Motors Kochi they checked it up and found that there was no gas leak.

The gas pressure on the outlet is not proper. Concord has asked me to bring the car for inspection and repairs as they require three days to detect and rectify the problem.

can any one enlighten me on this problem
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Clean up or change the pollen filter.It needs to be done every 5 or 7 k kms
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    take it to TASS and ask them to check the air coming out of the vents .
    It should be in the range of 4-6C anything more than 6C would mean that you might be low on gas.
    Also get the pollen filter cleaned as suggested...

PS::This brings me to a very interesting question. My punto is a '09 model and till date I've not done anything except to clean the pollen filter once in a while.
    I CANNOT believe that TASS is selling cars without proper AC gas begin added. I think this issue is as trivial as it is horrible that it needs to be told to the higher authorities..
  4. +1 to ^^... Issues reagarding AC chilling might occur becasue of cooling coil Failures. Have that checked too...
  5. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    My punto is less han 800 kms old and today I noticed that in the Delhi heat of 35 deg, the AC did not cool the cabin.
    Getting it checked to at TASS.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just reviving this thread coz i dont want to start a new thread on a similar issue !!

yesterday, my brother noticed that the passenger side cooling was much lesser than the driver side, when i can felt AC to be soo cold but not him. Today evening, when i took it out, i checked it again and to my horror, i saw the 2 vents on the passenger side spewing out air of normal atm temp while 2 vents on the driver side was spewing spine chilling cold air !! What might be the problem ?? Is it the AC pipe issue or something else?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I had the same issue in the Palio. The gas was low ; got it topped up and all is well now. Mind you, this was the first ever such topup of the Palio in 7 years.

If the gas is indeed found to be low, get the system checked for any leaks.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    paaji, if the gas is low, why it is seen only in the passenger side vents... the driver side vents works and still chills to the bone !!
    I had this issue on aug 15th last year.. the culprit was the mighty "O RING" ... it was just a couple of months after buying the car, and i was expecting that anytime after tightening the infamous tie rod loosening issue... but this seems to be different !!
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I didn't go to the bottom of the matter, but like i said the issue on the Palio was identical to yours and was resolved when the gas was topped up.

Ofcourse, it is possible that the symptoms may look similar on the surface but be different underneath.

In my case, there was an AC pipe in the engine bay which the dude touched and immediately told that the gas is low. It was supposed to be chilled (when the AC is on) but was room temperature only. For starters, you can go to any AC guy and have this check done. I'm not sure what that pipe is called, but the AC guy should know it.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Okay , so did a bit of googling and it is the pipe which goes from the compressor to the AC system inside.
    1 person likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gave the car today morning to check AC issue. The culprit was again O RING !!! this is the second time its happening to me . Thankfully, its under warranty !!