1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC problem: temperature display keeps blinking

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by hebbal1273, Feb 23, 2015.

1. hebbal1273

hebbal1273 Timido

I have a strange problem. I do not see anybody posting such an issue. So decided to post this. Even when the AC is in Full Auto mode, the set temperature display keeps blinking. It started all of a sudden. The AC is still working as the cabin cools. I normally keep the temp set to 24C. I have heard that the display blinks if compressor is not on. But in my case it is on as the cabin is cooling down. Tried different temp settings but still not resolved. Switched of the engine, removed the key still the problem persists.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015 ---
    BTW, the car is Grand Punto 1.3MJD Emotion pack 75HP. 2011 model.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hard to guess what may be the issue. You can try one thing before going to service station: try disconnecting the battery for some time (30 mins to allow all electricals to reset) and connecting it again. Switch on the AC after that and see whether the problem persists. Great if that resolves the problem. You will have to approach service station if battery disconnect->reconnect does not resolve the problem!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    As per manual, if the automatic climate control system fails to maintain the set temperature in full auto mode, the same shall be notified by the blinking of temperature figures on the AC MID.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Errors in Climate Control Unit memory would have to be read to know what is the problem, would be a problem with sensor or actuator flaps if AC is cooling fine
  5. hebbal1273

hebbal1273 Timido

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I will have to visit the service station for the issue