1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC not working reason radiator fan not running

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vikastwister, Jul 14, 2013.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Hi guys. After 3.5 years of experience with my car I encountered first real problem with my car. So need your guidance.
    Keep in mind my car battery is down. Need replacement.
    Problem I faced is described below.
    In morning I drove 75 kms and AC was real chiller. After reaching home car was idle for 5 hours. Now the AC is not working. Open the bonnet and found that Radiator fan is not moving.
    Can you guys help me out the estimate and real issues.
  2. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Mate - visit the FASS and explain the issue. The radiator fan usually starts only when the engine starts to overheat. Check the fuse or the thermostat switch.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Firstly get the battery replaced if it is faulty. These cars are extremely dependent on electronics and a dying battery can cause them to act like petulant children.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Took my Car to Kashyap Motors, Noida. Culprit was leakage in condensor. Instead of opting for fixing the condensor got it replaced with new one. Total cost Rs. 7979. Condensor = Rs. 5500, Labour Cost = Rs. 1540, Gas = Rs. 600 and rest for oil and other rings. Now the AC is working better than a new car.
  5. hi, got my punto iced from vicky motors sound fx and before i took the delivery, when i checked, the AC isnt working, fan isnt moving.

the technician who fixed the ice, had put it on the wiring which has been bitten by rats as my car was parked idle in chennai :A:A and just a day back i brought it to Mumbai.

I feel the technician is also exagarrating about the wires. I have made a partial payment and held Rs. 8000.

Pls suggest me what to do.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Was the AC working when you dropped the car at the ICE shop?
  7. Yes. it was working perfect.

to add to it, now the driver seat doors wont open, i had to get out thro the back door, as i have tight parking on the left side.

i'll put it in a sequence, pls see if you can make out anything,

1. Cig lighter fuse blew off thrice in 2 days on the 28th & 29th.
    2. but i still continued my journey to bmbay without charger. on Pune --> Mumbai Exp highway, i cranked to 140kmph and the engine seized for a second (didnt go off though) with fuel injection failure, displaying "check engine", i pulled over and restarted the engine and it was fine. continued the journey to mumbai.
    3. next day took the car to get it iced and thw AC stopped working after ICIng.
    4. When i get home, the driver side door wont open, i feel so frustrated now.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Bad Icing work may be the reason.

Engine loosing power at higher speed may be bad fuel or sensor error, normal if doesn't repeat.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    There you go. The ICE guy has screwed up. Really sad to see such serious issues come up. Modern car electronics cannot be handled by just any tom dick harry.

The ideal resolution will be - Take the ICE guy along with you to FIAT dealer. Whatever is the issue, the ICE guy will have to foot the bill. Put your foot down and demand your right.

10. Hi Gurjinder,

But this guy is blaming the bitten wires (***** Rats), how do i get around this?

He showed me few bitten wires but not necessary that they are concerned with the AC.