1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC is not effective on my Punto '09

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Feb 29, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Hi all,

I've been driving my punto from '09 and always felt that the AC is a bit weak.
    A few times when it was just not blowing cool air I had the AC filter cleaned and it was better.
    But today when i took my "Black" car out it was about 32-33C and I had turned AC to Max (setting-4) and still i somehow felt that the cold air that was being blown was not really that cold.

Is the AC on punto weak by default or is it a problem .
    In a few days time I'm leaving on a trip, so would like to sort this out asap.

2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Are you facing any hissing sound? If yes then you are facing a gas leak & TASS will hopefully work on it in warrenty.
    BTW what is your acc temprature? For max effect put it on 16degrees & keep blower speed 3/4. I believe you'll find best cooling from your MJD.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Are you talking about a hissing noise from within the cabin or should I look elsewhere for the noise.

Whatever be the case as for my observations, I'm not hearing any hissing noise apart from the wooshhh noise because of the blower and that's about it.
    My punto is Emotion variant no ACC.
    I usually keep the temperature to the coldest setting and turn the blower to 1 , Today I turned it up all the way up to 4 but still it was not cooling the cabin fast enough.
    I mean i was able to sense cooling effect but not to my satisfaction.
    Anything could be wrong?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Was AC upgrade done on your car last year as mandated by Fiat?
    Check AC gas and pollen filter
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Interesting I didnt know about this at all..
    will check on it over the weekend and let you know..
    Thank you

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

AC filter was cleaned but not the pollen filter.
    What is this AC upgrade mean?
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The AC upgrade was for petrol car's only, the car in question is a MJD.

I also have a 2009 MJD Emotion Pack. Had the problem of poor cooling which was sorted by filling in new gas. The AC is a bit weak in the first lot Punto's. Even MJD's.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

ACC settings seems to be an issue is what I figured recently. After my Linea's service, I found AC to be super cool even at 21 temp. Then I found that AC fan speed was manually set at half way but still it was super cool even on rear seat.
  8. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I am also facing same issues as mentioned by theblack. Mine is punto 1.4 09 model. Tried various setting but cooling is not up to the mark in this mumbai summer heat.

Thinking of escalating this matter to higher ups as the service center guys are not very keen on resolving the problems. Ac upgrade done Last year.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk