1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC in FIAT cars has issues??

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

1. arun25

arun25

Mumbai
    the problem of ac in traffic conditions is still there even after the ac kit upgrade. The service guys are refusing to accept the problem. I dont know whom to approach now. It is a nightmare to drive in day time traffic conditions. the ac gets cut off at lower gear accelerations. guys do you know anybody who has faced this problem and rectified .I have read that in delhi some service centres have rectified it using ECU remapping .
  2. i have Linea MJD May 2011 make
    I have been facing AC issues of late
    and today the compressor isnt starting even when placed in Low and its not chilling at all.
    can it be due to gas leakage owing to faulty O rings?..
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Does sound like a gas leakage. Cars made in this period were most prone to bad o rings, if i remember correctly.

Give TASS a visit. Should be resolved quickly.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The AC in petrol FIATs was criticized by the owners. So, FIAT designed a new AC at the time of launch of Linea T-JET and they offered all petrol car owners a free upgrade. Besides that, since October 2010, when T-JET was launched, FIAT started using the new AC in all cars, petrol, as well as diesel.

Besides that, AC of a specific batch of March 2011 cars was failing because of the AC gas leak. The culprit was a small rubber O-Ring that was defective. FIAT replaced O-rings of all cars manufactured during that period.

No issues.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO One of the best AC among all hatchbacks in country is in Punto. I drive punto90hp. setting at 16degree for 30 minutes makes me shiver in kerala climate.
  6. Thanx gurji and paddleshifter for info
    i will be going to the dealer on wednesday as he asked me to come that day..i insisted on making it earlier but dealer said its not possible..
    do others in rest of india have to wait like this to get their cars checked at Tass
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    In mumbai, you need an appointment for Maruti as well. And I suspect for most manufacturers.
    I think Tata shops do accept a few walk-ins, but Maruti Vitesse in Andheri definitely does not.
  8. Even i had also walked in a month ago for a faulty fuse for power window and got it resolved quite fast at bhubaneswar