1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AC in FIAT cars has issues??

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guyz,

I m a new bee to this forum. I ve booked for Grande Punto Emotion MJD yeserday. Most of them compliant abt the AC issues. What is all abt??? My dealer also accepted the same. He told me not to worry because the retro kit is upgraded in the 2011 models.. Couls anyone of u give me the answer to this?? :)

:) :)Thank q in advanz :) :)
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I had the same apprehension. However, I tested several vehicles and can tell that the AC is chiller in Chennai climate. I PDI'ed a vehicle yesterday and found that it is not chilling to the one I have seen earlier. However, yesterday it was scroching in chennai around 40 degree +. Also, MJD's never faced the problem. It is the petrol variants which were recalled and retrofitted.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

There was an issue of faulty O-ring in some of the 2011 manufactured cars, which lead to leakage of AC gas. Fiat have recalled and upgraded the O rings on the faulty cars and they problem have already been rectified.
  4. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmmm some good news to hear, relief!!!!! :D
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In my car AC is chiller. :) so no worry
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @deepak

Dont worry deepak.AC upgrade was only for the Petrol variants and that too for 2009-10 models.The A/C in MJD is quite a chiller.Go ahead and enjoy ur car!! Hope u had a pleasant buying experience :)
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  7. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ pioneeraaron , i have booked GP E 1.3 MJD yesterday... Thankq :)
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    There is no problem except was in few lots in petrol which was readily changed by fiat.Its just noise by few people as they r sufferinmg from best word "VEH HUM" which can't be rectified..I never faced AC issue in my 2009 Linea MJD.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @deepak R

Congrats buddy!! Do a proper PDI before u take possession of the vehicle.There's a PDI list on TFi download it and save it on ur cell :)
  10. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sure i will. Thankq :)